BIO-A[R] Tissue Reinforcement.
Acting as an alternative to biologics, GORE[R] BIO-A[R] Tissue Reinforcement is a web of biocompatible synthetic polymers that is gradually absorbed by the body, while its 3D matrix of open, highly-interconnected pores serves as a scaffold for tissue generation and healing. According to the company, features include:
* A tissue scaffold that is 100 percent bioabsorbable, leaving no permanent material in the body.
* No special storage, soaking, stretching or handling requirements.
* The ability- to be used for many applications, and has been used successfully in basic and complex soft tissue reinforcement.
* Intended for use in the reinforcement of soft tissue in applications such as hernia repair (in non-load bearing applications), muscle flap reinforcement and general tissue reconstructions.
* Availability in a range of sizes up to 20 cm x 30 cm.
Write in 362
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||PRODUCT SHOWCASE: HERNIA MESH|
|Date:||Sep 1, 2010|
|Previous Article:||Laparoscopic ventral hernia repair solution.|
|Next Article:||Second skin: the hands are one of, if not the, most important surgical tool. Protecting them with the right surgical glove is necessary for patient...|