BIG IN YA PAN; ENJOY A TASTE OF TOKYO AT HOME WITH THESE EASY RECIPES FROM JAPANESE STREET FOOD SPECIALIST YO!
YAKIOBA NOODLES INGREDIENTS (SERVES 2) 1 packet of YO! Soy, Ginger & Garlic Yakisoba Sauce 1tbsp of vegetable oil 300g of stir-fry ready-toeat vegan noodles 1 pak choi peeled 1 carrot cut into thick strips 1 red pepper cut into strips 50g of bean sprouts 1 spring onion finely chopped 1 red onion sliced METHOD: 1. Heat the oil in a wok and add the chopped vegetables, stir-fry for three minutes. 2. Add the noodles and heat through, following packet instructions.
3. Add the sauce to the wok, toss, stir-fry for two minutes and serve straight away.
1 packet of YO! Sweet & Sticky Teriyaki Sauce 2 responsibly sourced salmon fillets 2 small red onions, cut into wedges 2 spring onions, sliced 1 pak choi, peeled Sesame seeds (optional) METHOD: 1. Pre-heat oven to 200degC/180degC fan assisted or gas mark 6. 2. Roughly chop the red onions, trim off spring onion roots and chop roughly and peel the leaves of the pak choi.
3. Halve the vegetables and add to the middle of a roasting tin on grease-proof paper. Add one salmon fillet on top of the vegetables and crinkle the sides of the paper to keep in all the juices. Repeat with the second salmon fillet.
4. Place in the pre-heated oven and bake for 17 minutes.
5. Take out of the oven and thickly coat the salmon in Sweet & Sticky Teriyaki sauce and cook for another three minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and serve on rice or couscous, and sprinkle mixed sesame seeds on top for that extra crunch.
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 2) 1 packet of YO! Sticky BBQ Yakitori Sauce 800g skinless & boneless chicken thigh, cut into chunks 2 red onions cut into wedges 1 red pepper cut into chunks 1 green pepper cut into chunks METHOD: 1. Pre-heat the oven to 200degC/180degC fan assisted or gas mark 6. 2. Remove any fat from the chicken thighs and cut into 1-inch chunks. 3. Slice the red onion into wedges.
4. Deseed both red and green peppers and cut into chunks.
5. Thread chicken and vegetable pieces alternately onto your skewers.
6. Generously brush half of YO!'s Sticky BBQ Yakitori over the skewers. 7. Place skewers onto a baking tray and place into the oven for 25 minutes, turn after 10 minutes and brush the remaining sauce over skewers to serve. Alternatively, the skewers can be placed onto the BBQ turning regularly, whilst generously brushing with sauce for an even cook.
8. Serve with a summer salad, buttery corn on the cobs and crisp toasted pitta breads.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Chester Chronicle (Chester, England)|
|Date:||Aug 1, 2019|
|Previous Article:||on the grapevine sam wylie-harris ON... THREE OF FRANCE'S MOST FAMOUS WINE REGIONS.|
|Next Article:||7of the best... EVE MYLES ACTING ROLES.|