BDO USA, LLP Expands into Delaware Through the Addition of Partners & Staff Formerly with McBride Shopa & Company.
CHICAGO -- BDO USA, LLP, one of the nation's leading professional service organizations, today announced an expansion of its presence in the Mid-Atlantic region through the addition of four partners from McBride Shopa & Company and their respective professional and support staff. Founded in 1978, McBride Shopa maintains offices in Wilmington and Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. The firm, which brings 40 total staff to BDO, had been a member of the BDO Seidman Alliance since 2000. The combination of BDO and McBride Shopa is effective immediately.
"The addition of the partners, professionals and staff formerly with McBride Shopa adds the important Delaware market to BDO's existing presence in the Philadelphia and the greater Washington, DC area. We are excited about the many growth opportunities that this combination will bring to our clients and our future clients," said Jack Weisbaum, CEO of BDO USA. "Through our Alliance relationship, we have a history of collaboration on client work and business development with these new partners and staff. McBride Shopa's extensive experience in government and non-profits will further strengthen our existing practice in the Mid-Atlantic region."
"In thirty-two years of practice, it is not often you find a firm with which you share such a uniquely compatible practice philosophy," said Tom Shopa, Partner and former Managing Director of McBride Shopa. "With strong relationships in the business, government and non-profit communities, our firm has played an integral part in the growth of the Delaware Valley region over the years. By combining with BDO we will build on that tradition by bringing our clients a wider array of services, expanded geographic coverage, extensive industry experience and additional resources."
* BDO is celebrating the 100th anniversary of its founding in 1910 (as Seidman & Seidman).
* BDO represents companies ranging from Fortune 500 multinationals to closely-held private businesses to leading non-profits.
* BDO has recently been named one of the Best Accounting Firms to Work For by Accounting Today magazine and the Best Companies Group, a Best CPA Firm for Women by the American Society of Women Accountants and American Woman's Society of CPAs and as a Best Places to Work for Recent Grads by Experience Inc. More than 30 of the firm's offices have been recognized with the Alfred P. Sloan Award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility .
* BDO has 40 practice offices and more than 400 independent alliance firm locations around the country.
* As an independent member of BDO International Limited (the fifth largest global network of accounting firms), the firm can leverage the resources of more than 1,000 member firm offices in 115 countries around the world.
About BDO USA
BDO is the brand name for BDO USA, LLP, a U.S. professional services firm providing assurance, tax, financial advisory and consulting services to a wide range of publicly traded and privately held companies. For 100 years, BDO has provided quality service through the active involvement of experienced and committed professionals. The firm serves clients through 40 offices and more than 400 independent alliance firm locations nationwide. As an independent Member Firm of BDO International Limited, BDO serves multi-national clients through a global network of 1,138 offices in 115 countries.
BDO USA, LLP,a limited liability partnership, is the U.S. member of BDO International Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, and forms part of the international BDO network of independent member firms. BDO is the brand name for the BDO network and for each of the BDO Member Firms. For more information please visit: www.bdo.com.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Article Type:||Company overview|
|Date:||Nov 1, 2010|
|Previous Article:||Publix Reports Third Quarter 2010 Results and Stock Price.|
|Next Article:||Fitch Affirms AmeriGas Partners IDR at 'BB+'; Outlook Revised to Positive.|