Printer Friendly

Azerbaijan : Information on external public debt as of April 1st, 2016.

As of April 1st, 2016, the external public debt of the Republic of Azerbaijan constituted 7,448.7 million US dollars equivalent (11,486.6 million manat). The Debt to the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) ratio stands at 21.0 percent. The external public debt consists of direct obligations of the state as well as contingent liabilities emanating from sovereign guarantees.

The largest lenders are the World Bank, Asian Development Bank, Islamic Development Bank, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Japanese International Cooperation Agency and other financial institutions. 82.3% of the external public debt was borrowed to finance projects in the economy while the rest 17.7% was the issuance of bonds in the international capital markets.

[c] 2016 Al Bawaba (Albawaba.com) Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. ( Syndigate.info ).

COPYRIGHT 2016 SyndiGate Media Inc.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2016 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Mena Report
Date:Jun 17, 2016
Words:131
Previous Article:Azerbaijan : The Republic of Azerbaijan was elected a member of the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) for the period of 2017-2019.
Next Article:Azerbaijan : Azerbaijani delegation visits Republic of Korea.
Topics:

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2019 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters