Awards for Municipal Excellence thanks cities for 20 years of innovative programs.
* 121 NLC member cities, towns and villages are represented by winning programs.
* Award-winning programs can be found in 35 states.
* California leads the states in the number of awards received, with 31.
* We celebrate the cities of Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Milwaukee, Phoenix, San Diego, and San Jose, Calif., for their successful engagement in multiple award winning programs. Each city has won three or more awards over the course of the 20 year program.
* Special thanks to 1989 winners Anniston, Ala.; Boise, Idaho; Los Angeles; and Syracuse, N.Y., for being the first ever cities to receive Awards for Municipal Excellence (then named the James C. Howland Awards for Urban Enrichment).
Details: Visit www.nlc.org/ame.aspx to learn more about the Awards for Municipal Excellence and to access the 2009 nomination packet. The deadline for all submissions is May 1. Direct questions or requests for further information to firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 626-3130.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||National League of Cities|
|Publication:||Nation's Cities Weekly|
|Article Type:||Conference news|
|Date:||Mar 23, 2009|
|Previous Article:||Jackson outlines environmental agenda.|
|Next Article:||LTI luncheon recognizes leadership achievements.|