Awards entries officially close.
A panel of judges is now sifting through entries and a full rundown on the finalists will appear in the next edition of Business Asia.
Now in their sixth year, the awards recognise outstanding achievements in business, trade and investment between Australia and Asia.
Winners in each of the seven categories will be announced at a gala dinner in Sydney on May 27, 1999, at the Regent Hotel.
Citibank has sponsored the awards since their inception.
Leading television anchorwoman Ms Sydnie Kohara, of CNBC Asia, will be the master of ceremonies at the 1999 awards. Categories for the 1999 Business Asia News Magazine Awards are:
* Best Large Australian Business Activity in Asia;
* Best Australian Service Activity in Asia;
* Best Use of Australian Technology in Asia;
* Best Australian Small or Medium Business Activity in Asia;
* Best Asian Activity in Australia;
* Best Contribution to Australia-Asia Business Ties;
* Outstanding Achievement in the Arts and Entertainment Industry in Asia.