Association members on Modern Healthcare list of '50 most influential physician executives and leaders'.
MEMBERS OF THE AMERICAN ASSOCIATION FOR Physician Leadership[R] again appear prominently on Modern Healthcare's 11th list of 50 Most Influential Physician Executives and Leaders.
The list, released in April, began with 400 nominations submitted to the magazine's website in November and December 2014. A ballot composed of 150 names culled from that list was voted on by visitors to the website, who could select one candidate. More than 23,000 ballots were submitted, the website reported.
Reader votes accounted for 50 percent of the final list results; the other half was based on Modern Healthcare senior editors' opinions.
CURRENT MEMBERS WHO APPEAR ON THE LIST ARE:
* Kelvin Baggett, MD, MPH, MBA, senior vice president of clinical operations and chief clinical officer, Tenet Healthcare Corp., Dallas, Texas, No. 25.
* Georges Benjamin, MD, executive director, American Public Health Association, No. 47.
* Christine Cassel, MD, MACP, president and CEO, National Quality Forum, Washington, D.C., No. 35.
* Gary Kaplan, MD, chairman and CEO, Virginia Mason Health System, Seattle, Washington, No. 10.
* Lynn Simon, MD, MBA, president of clinical services and chief quality officer, Community Health Systems, Franklin, Tennessee, No. 17.
To learn more or see the complete list, go to modernhealthcare. com/50mostinfluential.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Physician Leadership Journal|
|Article Type:||Brief article|
|Date:||May 1, 2015|
|Previous Article:||Sheri Prentiss, MD, MPH, CPS/A, CPE, FACPE.|
|Next Article:||Physicians, value and compound interest.|