Around the fleet.
Photo by MC3 Kenneth R. Hendrix
* Dr. Eliecer Cruz Alvarez, right, a general surgeon with the Dominican National Police, and Lt. Cmdr. Heliodoro Andres Salas Cablera, an anesthesiologist with the Dominican Republic navy, embarked aboard USS Kearsarge (LHD 3), conduct a cooperative surgery with medical personnel.
Photo by MCSA Joshua Adam Nuzzo
* Chief Warrant Officer 2 Jeffrey Lindaman steadies the fuel probe before itLs hoisted to USS Halsey (DDG 97) during a refueling at sea aboard USS Peleliu (LHA 5). Halsey implemented a fuel conservation program while deployed, saving as much of 900 gallons of fuel daily.
Photo by MC2 Dustin Kelling
* The firing detail aboard USS Ohio (SSGN 726) fires three volleys as part of a burial-at-sea in the Philippine Sea for World War II veteran BM2 Eugene Stanley Morgan, one of the 316 survivors of the sinking of USS Indianapolis (CA 35) in the Philippine Sea, July 30, 1945. Morgan died June 18, 2008.
Photo by Lt. Gabriel Hernandez
* Following the homecoming for USS McInerney (FFG 8) to Naval Station Mayport, Fla., after a six-month deployment, a baby falls asleep in her fatherLs arms.
Photo by MC1 Leah Stiles
* Sailors on the stern gate of USS Rushmore (LSD 47) await the arrival of a small craft during an early morning passenger transfer off the coast of British Columbia.
Photo by MC3 Damien Horvath
* HM3 Edwin L. Daniel, assigned to 3rd platoon, Fox Company, 2nd Battalion 7th Marine Regiment, examines an Afghan citizen before dispensing aspirin while on a patrol in Helmand Province, Afghanistan. The 2nd Battalion is a 7th Marines is a reinforced light infantry Battalion based out of Twentynine Palms, Calif., and deployed to Afghanistan to support Operation Enduring Freedom.
Photo by Sgt. Freddy G. Cantu
* Seabees assigned to Alpha Company, Naval Mobile Construction Battalion 7, erect concrete barriers as part of a project to complete a new motor pool in al Anbar Province, Iraq.
Photo by MC2 Michael B. Lavender
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Dec 1, 2008|
|Previous Article:||Pacific Fleet Commander addresses motorcycle safety.|
|Next Article:||HSL-44: jack-of-all-trades.|