Around the fleet.
* HM3 Jason Peal sutures a patient's hand in the medical ward aboard the amphibious assault ship USS Kearsarge (LHD 3).
* SN William Dawes, assigned to USS Constitution, prepares for the first turnaround cruise of the year. The "Military Appreciation Day Cruise," was planned in recognition of the 60th anniversary of World War II.
* MTCM Leon Ford (foreground), and ABH1 Roger Miracle jump out of a UH-3H Sea King helicopter at 10,000 feet during a training jump over Whidbey Island, Wash.
* OS2 Lucas Weaver mans the strike control console aboard USS Kitty Hawk (CV 63) during flight operations.
* Flight deck crew members wash down the flight deck aboard USS Carl Vinson (CVN 70) prior to flight operations.
* ABH3 Robert Frescatore and ABH3 Joshua Miller participate in the annual "Save the Bay clean-up project around the Chesapeake Bay. More than 1,000 Sailors from USS George Washington (CVN 73) were involved in the event.
* More than 750 Navy and Marine Corps personnel and family members, along with residents of Kings County Calif., participate in the 12th Annual Marion Carl Memorial Mud Run at Naval Air Station Lemoore, Calif.
* MA3 Timothy Crowley (right) and LTJG Eric Madonia, commanding officer of GTMO 5.0 paddle to a 3rd place finish in the U.S. Naval Base Guantanamo Bay 5th Annual Cardboard Regatta.
* AMAN Fredrick B. Warner plays a game of "Hole In One" during a steel beach picnic held on the flight deck aboard USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN 69).