Army receives 12 Shingo awards.
Shingo Hall of Fame status was awarded to General Benjamin S. Griffin, AMC Commander, recognizing his leadership in guiding the Army toward the challenges of a new century while improving the manner in which the Army does business at its depots.
Gold Price recipients were--
* The Joint Manufacturing and Technology Center at Rock Island, Illinois, for resolving safety and ergonomic issues with its Forward Repair System.
* Red River Army Depot, Texas, for exponentially increasing high-mobility multipurpose wheeled vehicle (HMMWV) production while achieving a cost avoidance of almost $4 million.
* Tobyhanna Army Depot, Pennsylvania, for work on the AN/TPQ-36 Firefinder radar antenna. Silver Prize recipients were-* Anniston Army Depot, Alabama, for increasing Field Artillery Ammunition Supply Vehicle (FAASV) production by 4l percent and reducing cycle time significantly.
* Letterkenny Army Depot, Pennsylvania, for increasing HMMWV recapitalization production while reducing costs.
* Red River Army Depot for increasing output of heavy expanded mobility tactical trucks (HEMTTs).
* Red River Army Depot for reducing labor hours and expanding output of Bradley fighting vehicle power train production.
* The Joint Manufacturing and Technology Center at Rock Island Arsenal for reducing labor hours by 26 percent and reducing work in process by 63 percent to generate a cost avoidance and saving of $4.9 million.
Bronze Prize recipients were--
* Anniston Army Depot for achieving a number of milestones with its AGT 1500 turbine engine, including 100-percent on-time delivery.
* The Aviation and Missile Command at Fort Rucker, Alabama, for saving costs and reducing the cycle time of the C20J engine line for the TH-57 Sea Ranger helicopter.
* Corpus Cristi Army Depot, Texas, for reducing labor hours and achieving a cost avoidance for its project on the HH-60 Pave Hawk helicopter project.
* Letterkenny Army Depot for reorganizing their power-generator maintenance operations to increase output at a lower cost.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||ALOG NEWS; Shingo Public Sector Award for Excellence in Manufacturing Achievement|
|Date:||Jan 1, 2008|
|Previous Article:||Army rail units begin exercises.|
|Next Article:||Production of new HEMTT begins.|