Army news service (Jan. 18, 2005): overview of USD(AT & L) continuous learning policy.
* Stay current in acquisition functional areas, acquisition and logistics excellence-related subjects, and emerging acquisition policy
* Complete mandatory and assignment-specific training required for higher levels of DAWIA certification
* Complete "desired" training in your career field
* Cross-train to become familiar with, or certified in, multiple acquisition career fields
* Complete your undergraduate or advanced degree
* Learn by experience
* Develop your leadership and management skills.
A point is generally equivalent to one hour of education, training, or developmental activity. Continuous learning points build quickly when you attend training courses, conferences, and seminars; complete leadership training courses at colleges/universities; participate in professional activities; or pursue training through distance learning. Continuous learning points are assigned to distance learning courses <http://clc.dau.mil> based on their academic credits or continuing education units. Other activities such as satellite broadcasts, viewing a video tape, listening to an audio presentation, or working through a CD-ROM or Internet course can earn continuous learning points on a 1 point per 1 hour of time devoted to that activity. On-the-job training assignments, intra- and inter-organizational, rotational, broadening, and developmental assignments may also qualify toward meeting the continuous learning standards.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||Career Development|
|Publication:||Defense AT & L|
|Article Type:||Brief Article|
|Date:||May 1, 2005|
|Previous Article:||Army news service (Jan. 18, 2005): DAU and NDIA to sponsor Defense Systems Acquisition Management course offerings for industry managers.|
|Next Article:||Attention acquisition workforce personnel! Acquisition certifications.|