Announcing MKS Toolkit 9.0-Providing Increased Productivity, Performance and Power to Windows.
MKS Inc. (MKS) (TSX:MKX) announced today the release of version 9.0 of its widely acclaimed full range of cross-platform tools for Windows and UNIX/Linux based environments. This new release significantly improves productivity on both 32 and 64-bit Windows operating systems and provides native support for multibyte/Unicode character sets used around the world.
MKS Toolkit 9.0 makes it possible for users to instantly be productive in both 32 and 64-bit Windows environments while doing their development, testing, or system administration tasks. By integrating the popular Vi editor into the most-used, most powerful development environment on Windows, Microsoft Visual Studio, MKS provides a one-two punch that is unequalled in terms of cross platform development.
"Customers deploying performance-intensive applications on 64-bit Intel(R) processor-based systems can experience enhanced scalability, performance and cost reduction," said Melissa Laird, general manager of Intel's Developer Relations Division. "With MKS Toolkit, enterprise customers and ISVs now have a single solution that will allow them to migrate both 32-bit and 64-bit UNIX/Linux applications to Windows on platforms supporting Intel(R) Extended Memory 64 Technology (Intel(R) EM64T) and to platforms based on the Itanium(R) processor."
"The enhanced Vi and Viw features give our people the ability to customize their development environment, the way they like it," said Steven Krauwer, Project Manager, ELSNET the European Network in Human Language Technologies. "It is a comfort to know that we can transfer and manipulate files to and from remote UNIX and Windows systems, with the confidence that our data are secured and -if necessary- encrypted. Plus some of the new utilities provide us with the power and flexibility to maintain a large and dynamic website with a lot of interactivity in a fully automated fashion, requiring minimal human effort," said Krauwer.
New Features in MKS Toolkit 9.0 include:
- Multibyte Character Support - MKS utilities and APIs now support multibyte/Unicode characters within file content, file and directory names, pipes, environment variable, console displays, and much more allowing users to display, load, edit, search and otherwise manipulate files and data in non-ASCII formats.
- Vi/Viw Integrated with VisualStudio.NET - a new Visual Studio Viw Plug-in feature allows users to be more productive in their development environment. Also, with new Syntax Highlighting in Vi and Viw, users can now highlight commands, reserved words, comments etc, using customizable rules.
- Secure Visual File Manipulation - additional enhancements to this powerful and secure graphical utility allow you to drag and drop multiple files and directories, edit and manipulate permissions as well as copy large files and file sets securely between remote UNIX, Linux and Windows systems.
- Updated Perl - Perl has been updated with a variety of new features and now includes native 32 and 64-bit executables, the fork() function and multithreading functionality.
- New Utilities - the new mksrv utility lets you set up any standard script or program to run as a Windows service; pwrmgr provides the ability to display and manage power schemes while ShellExecute gives you the ability to launch any file as if it was an executable. Plus so many more enhancements and new tools to provide you with the power and flexibility to create solutions to real world business problems.
- Enhanced APIs - additional APIs defined by SUSv3 and POSIX.4 complement the existing support for real-time UNIX application migration and IPv6 support in all necessary APIs along with a host of new APIs allows for the interaction with this new internet naming standard.
"With each release we continue our mission to provide our customers with true UNIX to Windows interoperability," says Tom Bosanko, President of the MKS Interoperability Division. "MKS Toolkit 9.0 shows our commitment in delivering solid new features while enhancing existing functionality. With full support for multi-byte characters and 64-bit Windows systems MKS provides support for the newest, most powerful systems, all over the world."
Pricing and Availability
MKS Toolkit products are available immediately at suggested retail prices starting at US $359. You can purchase products directly from MKS http://www.mkssoftware.com/sales, via the Web Store at http://webstore.mks.com/webstore, or from any software reseller and is available in North America through distribution at Ingram Micro and internationally through authorized partners.
Customers with current PCS contracts may request their free upgrades at http://www.mkssoftware.com/support/upgradeform.asp. Customers with old versions who wish to update to version 9.0 may contact MKS toll free at 1-800-637-8034, direct at 1-703-803-3343, in Europe at +49 711-351775-22 or through your local reseller.
To see the complete list of new features visit: http://www.mkssoftware.com/docs/whatsnew_tk.htm
MKS Inc. ("MKS") (TSE:MKX) provides award-winning enterprise software configuration management (SCM) and interoperability software solutions enabling Global 1000 companies to better manage and control the complete process of software development. The Company's family of SCM products offers advanced technology with robust workflow, version control, and impact analysis capabilities. Under its widely known MKS Toolkit brand, MKS provides UNIX to Windows porting solutions that significantly cut development costs and reduce time to market while enabling enhanced performance. Founded in 1984 with over 10,000 customers worldwide, MKS has built its brand on the foundation of advanced technology, superior quality and extraordinary customer service. More information about MKS can be found at http://www.mks.com, or by calling 1-800-265-2797 (US & Canada), +49-711-351775-0 (Germany), and +44-1483-733900 (United Kingdom).
MKS, MKS Source Integrity, MKS Integrity Manager and MKS Toolkit are registered trademarks and AlertCentre is a trademark of MKS Inc. Intel and Itanium are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this release are the property of their respective owners.
MKS Inc. (TSX:MKX)
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Jul 5, 2005|
|Previous Article:||Heinz Deploys Paisley Consulting's Risk Navigator Solution across Its Global Enterprise; More than 2000 Users Worldwide Will Benefit from Risk...|
|Next Article:||Law Enforcement Associates Receives Contracts from United States Marshals Service and a Bomb Squad of a Major U. S. City for Under Vehicle...|