America's future Air Force--limitless horizons.
* Winning the GWOT: Razor-sharp focus on fighting and winning
* Developing and caring for our Airmen: Maximizing effectiveness of the world's best Airmen
* Recapitalizing and modernizing our air and space systems
* Provide ready air and space forces to respond to the full range of warfighter needs, today and tomorrow
* The Air Force must be proficient, able to surge, and agile
* The Air Force must be postured in a continuous war fighting mode to win the GWOT
* The Air Force must fight as an integrated Total Force, a Joint force, and a Coalition force
* The Air Force must win in air, space, and cyberspace--an absolute prerequisite for any engagement on the land, in the air, or on the sea
* Obtain knowledge and assets needed to guarantee command of the air, space, and cyberspace commons
* Optimize organizations and practices for cross-Command, Joint, interagency, and Coalition operations
* Become recognized as a world-class innovator in technology operations, asset management, and business practices
* Key provider of information, network, and cyberspace capabilities in peacetime and wartime
* A high-quality, balanced, and diverse force that challenges, develops, and values its people
* Recognized as a model for integrity, service, and excellence
Organizational Structure and Business Practices:
Increase Efficiencies and Capabilities
* Transform from 139 Combat Wings in 1990 to 86 Combat Wings by 2012
* Improve processes and organizational efficiencies to enhance our ability to employ air, space, and cyberspace power in support of Combatant Commanders
* Proceed deliberately in achieving efficiencies and improving processes to continue our transformation to a more lean and modern force
* Continue organizational streamlining and globally positioning Warfighting Headquarters to provide seamless transition from peacetime to wartime operations and maximize reach-back operations
* Foster lean processes: Quality standards across the Total Force
* Provide persistent situation awareness to effectively monitor and control resources
* Implement lessons learned processes to continuously seek and share improvements
Pro vide an Expeditionary-minded, Technologically Sophisticated Force
* Focused: Airmen will train and exercise to think and act as expeditionary, Joint warfighters.
* Skilled: Airmen will be prepared to operate across the cultural spectrum, with technological and language skills, cultural awareness, and the doctrinal understanding to strategically engage in both kinetic and nonkinetic operations.
* Flexible: Airmen will operate effectively in air, space, and cyberspace domains.
Technology: Technological Capabilities Can Provide a Roadmap for Warfighter Operations
* Science and technology: Air Force innovation creates capability for the Joint warfighter.
* Increased reliance on unmanned aircraft: Continue culture of experimentation
* Leverage information technology: Achieve cyberspace dominance
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Sep 22, 2006|
|Previous Article:||Today's Air Force--defending America.|
|Next Article:||Air Force transformation--our strategy.|