Printer Friendly

All about. . . PRESTATYN BATHS.

The well-preserved remains of Prestatyn's Roman civilian bath house were discovered in March 1934 by local architect and amateur archaeologist F Gilbert Smith The bath house was built about 120 AD and extended 30 years later. It had a cold plunge-bath from a local spring fed via a timber aqueduct The floors and roof were built with tiles made by the 20th Legion at Holt, near Wrexham. Some of these tiles, stamped with the legend Leg XX VV and their symbol of a wild boar, can be seen today

To order your copy of this picture, please fill in the form on page 4

CAPTION(S):

Picture: JEFF PITT
COPYRIGHT 2004 MGN Ltd.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2004 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Title Annotation:Features
Publication:Daily Post (Liverpool, England)
Date:Dec 8, 2004
Words:109
Previous Article:Forgotten cases reveal more of our real history.
Next Article:Slate waste rail plan will cost us jobs; Quarry's fears over `unfair trade'.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2018 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters