Printer Friendly

Alier adds capacity.

Alier, Barcelona, Spain, has acquired Ondulesa, a Spanish manufacturer of corrugated board and boxboard containers. Alier acquired 40% of the shares of Ondulesa in 2002 and the remaining 60% in March 2003. Alier operates a mill in Lleida, Spain, that produces 150,000 metric tons per year of recycled paper for different applications. The location employs 190 people. Ondulesa is also in Lleida. It produces 18 million square meters of corrugated board annually with 43 employees.

In other news: Alier has added size press treatments on two paper machines at its Lleida mill. The size press treatment was added to PM2 in February to improve the quality of paper produced for the corrugated board market The company says the papers are stronger, smoother, and easier to convert. In March, Alier added the same size press treatment to its PM3 that produces papers for other markets.

Alier's Lleida mill also received certification under the ISO 14001 Environmental Management Standard in March. The company has already received certification under the Blue Angel and Ecolabel environmental certification programs.
COPYRIGHT 2003 Paper Industry Management Association
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2003, Gale Group. All rights reserved. Gale Group is a Thomson Corporation Company.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Title Annotation:Industry News
Publication:Solutions - for People, Processes and Paper
Date:May 1, 2003
Words:175
Previous Article:A marketing plan.
Next Article:Ancefin will not purchase RFS Ecusta.


Related Articles
Three ways to succeed. (Marginal).
New books.
The good news is ...
AF&PA: U.S. capacity drops again.
Southern Europe moves toward even greater integration; Italy, Spain and Portugal may well have very different cultures, but they are set to have...
Key Tronic reports gains, will add capacity.
Henkel expands solder manufacturing capacity in India, adds paste blending facility.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2021 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters |