Printer Friendly

Albert B. Ashforth sells to director and brokers.

The firm that is credited with forming the first apartment cooperative in New York back in 1904, Albert B. Ashforth, Inc., is embarking on yet another first with the sale of its Manhattan residential brokerage division to its director of sales, Frederick Warburg Peters, and seven other top-performing brokers. The newly-formed "broker co-op" will be called Ashforth Warburg Associates.

Peters has a majority interest in the film and assumes the title of president. "The new combined name," he said, "reflects our decision to continue as a leading edge residential brokerage, while incorporating the radical broker-ownership concept in Manhattan. While we have a continued commitment to the qualities that have earned Ashforth its reputation during the past 95 years, we need to be responsive to today's quickly changing market."

Peters, who has been with the almost century-old firm for six years, will maintain 51 percent ownership. Seven other brokers will share the remaining 49 percent: Jane Bayard, Jane Andrews, Bonnie Chajet, Wendy Greenbaum, Ronnie Lane, Linda Reiner and Misako (Mimi) Yoshii. Bayard, who was named executive vice president, will assist Peters with the management of the firm, which has a total of 60 brokers.

A member of the renowned Warburg family, Peters considers himself a "lone wolf" in New York City, taking on the majority ownership of a residential brokerage firm at a time when the co-op and condominium markets have been hard hit by economic conditions in the region. "What it means is that collectively, we have a great deal of faith in Manhattan as a place to live, enough to make considerable personal investment in this business," he said.
COPYRIGHT 1992 Hagedorn Publication
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 1992, Gale Group. All rights reserved. Gale Group is a Thomson Corporation Company.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Title Annotation:sale of its Manhattan retail brokerage division to its director of sales, Frederick Warburg Peters
Publication:Real Estate Weekly
Date:Feb 19, 1992
Previous Article:Sheldon Good & Co. readies for RTC commercial auction.
Next Article:Facelift for NY Hilton.

Related Articles
Newmark forms division for asset mgt, disposition.
Taking Westchester markets by storm.
New brokerage alliance maximizes opportunities.
American Real Estate Group opens.
Major new presence emerges in high-end residential market.
Fast-track growth experienced as firm comes of age.
Albert B. Ashforth, Inc.
Joint venture aiming to fill housing gap.
Ashforth retained to manage 137,000 s/f CT office tower.
The deal makers.

Terms of use | Copyright © 2017 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters