Printer Friendly

Alarm over carbon monoxide danger; VIEWPOINT.

WITH severe weather, families across the UK will likely take shelter from the cold indoors and turn their heating up - leaving them exposed to increased risk of carbon monoxide poisoning from faulty appliances.

The Carbon Monoxide - Be Alarmed! campaign is imploring Brits to ensure that they are protected from carbon monoxide poisoning by installing an audible carbon monoxide alarm in their homes.

The only way to fully protect yourself and your family is to have an audible alarm. They are widely available from any good DIY store and can cost less than PS20. Worryingly, a recent major study found that fewer than one in ten homes has one.

For more information about how to stay safe, visit www.co-bealarmed.co.uk LAWRENCE SLADE, Campaign Manager
COPYRIGHT 2014 Birmingham Post & Mail Ltd
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2014 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Title Annotation:Letters
Publication:Sunday Mercury (Birmingham, England)
Date:Feb 16, 2014
Words:125
Previous Article:Dignity vital for those in care; VIEWPOINT.
Next Article:Memories of city's big-screen boom; VIEWPOINT.
Topics:

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2019 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters