Air Force print news (March 17, 2005): Air Force 2005 Design and Construction Award winners named.
Recipients of an honor award in the design competition:
* Concept Design: indoor community pool at Osan Air Base, South Korea
* Interior Design: bowling center at Royal Air Force Mildenhall, England.
* Landscape Design: Davis Conference Center Park at MacDill Air Force Base, Fla.
* Facility Design: Santa Rosa Island Tower at Eglin AFB, Fla.
* Family Housing: replacement family housing at Mountain Home AFB, Idaho.
Winners of a merit award are:
* Planning Studies: base comprehensive plan at Misawa AB, Japan, and Air Force Space Command installations.
* Sustainable Design: consolidated support facility at Edwards AFB, Calif.
* Concept Design: family housing tower at Osan, and the aircraft maintenance complex of the Tennessee Air National Guard at Nashville.
* Interior Design: dining hall renovation at the U.S. Air Force Academy, Colo.
* Facility Design: passenger terminal canopy and force protection facility at Andrews AFB, Md., and consolidated support facility at Barnes Air National Guard Base, Mass.
* Family Housing: military family housing at MacDill AFB, Fla.
Citation Awards went to:
* Interior Design: rescue wing headquarters at Patrick AFB, Fla., and Arctic Oasis Community Center at Elmendorf AFB, Alaska.
* Facility Design: entry gate alignment and the control tower at Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio.
Winners of the 2005 Air Force District, Division or Host Nation Agent of the Year awards and their categories are:
* Design: LBB Kaiserslautern, the German state construction agency.
* Construction: Southern Division Naval Facilities Engineering Command.
* Design Through Construction: Transatlantic Program Center by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
The 2005 Air Force Project Managers of the Year are:
* Design: Douglas Cunningham with the Mobile District of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
* Construction: Paul Jalowski with the New York District of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, and Larry J. Smith with the Sacramento District of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
* Design Through Construction: Michael Fischer of LBB-Kaiserslautern.
The 2005 Air Force Design Excellence Award went to:
* Civilian: Robert Woodson of Pacific Air Forces headquarters at Hickam AFB, Hawaii.
* Military: Lt. Col. Guy Wells of U.S. Air Forces in Europe headquarters at Ramstein AB, Germany.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||Acquisition & Logistics Excellence|
|Publication:||Defense AT & L|
|Date:||Jul 1, 2005|
|Previous Article:||Department of Defense news release (April 5, 2005): DoD to award $11.4 million for science and engineering research.|
|Next Article:||Air Force print news (March 17, 2005): J. Lisa Romney named as 2005 Federal 100 Award winner.|