Air Combat Command.
Headquarters: Langley AFB, Va.
Command Chief Master Sgt.: Chief Master Sgt. Stephen C. Sullens
Web Address: www.acc.af.mil
Provides the primary/force of combat airpower to America's warfighting commands To support global implementation of the national security strategy, the command operates fighter, bomber, reconnaissance, battle management and electronic combat aircraft It also provides command, control, communications and intelligence systems and conducts global information operations.
Organizes, trains, equips and maintains con]bat-ready forces for rapid deployment and employment while ensuring strategic air defense forces are ready to meet the challenges of peacetime air sovereignty and wartime air defense. Numbered air forces provide airs component to U.S. Central and Southern commands with the command headquarters serving as the air component to U.S. Northern and Joint Forces commands. Augments forces to U.S. European, Pacific and strategic commands.
People Active duty 84,635 Officers 12,196 Enlisted 72,439 AFRC 10,515 ANG 46,899 Civilians 10,602 Total 152,651
Primary Subordinate Units
* U.S. Air Force Warfare Center. Nellis AFB, Nev.
** 53rd Wing, Eglin AFB, Fla. (A-10A, F-15C/D/E, F-16C/D, F-22, HH-60G, RQ-1, E-9, QF 4, F-117, B-52, BQM-34A-47/53, MQM-107D/E)
** 57th Wing. Nellis AFB, Nev, (A 10 F-15C/D/E, F-16C/D, HH-60G, RQ-1)
* 414th Combat Training Squadron (Red Flag), Nellis AFB, Nev.
** Air Force UAV Battlelab, Creech AFB, Nev
** 98th Range Wing, Nellis AFB, Nev.
** 505th Command and Control Wing, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
* 99th Air Base Wing, Nellis AFB, Nev.
* 84th Radar Evaluation Squadron, Hill AFB. Utah
* 70th Intelligence Wing. Fort George G. Meade, Md,
1st Air Force (Air Forces Northern), Tyndall AFB, Fla.
* Southeast Air Defense Sector, (ANG), Tyndall AFB, Fla.
* Northeast Air Defense Sector, (ANG), Rome, N.Y.
* Western Air Defense Sector, (ANG) McChord AFB, Wash.
* 601st Air and Space Operations Center, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
* Air Force Rescue Coordination Center, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
* 702nd Computer Systems Squadron, (ANG) Tyndall AFB, Fla.
* 722nd Air Control Squadron, North Bay, Canada
8th Air Force, Barksdale AFB, La.
* 2nd Bomb Wing, Barksdale AFB, La. (B-52H)
* 5th Bomb Wing, Minot AFB, N.D. (B-52H)
* 9th Reconnaissance Wing, Beale AFB, Calif. (T38, U-2, RQ-4)
* 55th Wing, Offutt AFB, Neb. (E-4B, OC-135B, RC-135S/U/V/W. TC-135S/W, WC-135C/W)
* 67th Network Warfare Wing, Lackland AFB, Texas
* 480th Intelligence Wing, Langley AFB, Va.
* 509th Bomb Wing, Whiteman AFB, Me. (B-2, T-38)
* 552nd Air Control Wing, Tinker AFB, Okla. (E-3B/C)
* 3rd Air Support Operations Group. Fort Hood, Texas
* 819th Red Horse Squadron, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
* Air Force Information Operations Center, Lackland AFB, Texas
* 116th Air Control Wing, Robins AFB, Ga.
* 608th Air Communications Squadron, 608th Air Support Squadron, 608th Air Intelligence Squadron and 608th Air Operations Group Barksdale AFB, La.
9th Air Force, Shaw AFB, S.C.
* 1st Fighter Wing, Langley AFB, Va. (F 15C/D, F 22)
* 4th Fighter Wing, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C. (F-15E)
* 20th Fighter Wing, Shaw AFB, S.C (F-16D/CJ)
* 23rd Wing, Moody AFB, Ga. (HH-60, A/CA-10)
* 33rd Fighter Wing. Eglin AFB, Fla. (F-15C/D)
* 5th Combat Communications Group Robins AFB, Ga.
* 18th Air Support Operations Group. Pope AFB, N.C.
* 823rd Red Horse Squadron, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
* 363rd Flying Training Group, Southwest Asia
* 609th Air Communications Squadron, 609th Air Intelligence Group, 609th Air Operations Group and 609th Air Support Squadron, Shaw AFB, S.C.
12th Air Force, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
* 7th Bomb Wing, Dyess AFB, Texas (B-1)
* 28th Bomb Wing, Ellsworth AFB, S.D. (B-1)
* 49th Fighter Wing, Holloman AFB, N.M. (F-117, T-38, German F-4F, German Tornado)
* 355th Fighter Wing, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz. (A/CA-10)
* 366th Fighter Wing, Mountain Home AFB, Idaho (F-15C/D/ E, F-16D/C J, Air Warfare Battlelab)
* 388th Fighter Wing, Hill AFB, Utah (F-16C/D)
* 432nd Wing, Creech AFB, Nev. (MQ-1, MQ-9)
* 1st Air Support Operations Group, Fort Lewis, Wash.
* 3rd Combat Communications Group, Tinker AFB, Okla.
* 820th Red Horse Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev.
* 612th Air Intelligence Group, 612th Theater Operations Group, 612th Air Support Squadron and the 612th Air Communications Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
* 712th Operations Group (P), Cannon AFB, N.M
Source: Air Combat Command Public Affairs Office
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Feb 1, 2008|
|Next Article:||Air Education and Training Command.|