Agroforestry project to promote the cultivation of Irvingia gabonensis in the peripheral zone of the National Park Tai / village Tchetaly.
Grant Amount:US$ 14,012.37
Description : I. Presentation of the organization, experience, etc.
The NGO CONSERVATION TAI is an organization that serves as an interface between the manager of Tai National Park and local residents. It is based on seven (07) representatives from different villages in charge of the animation of rural communities in the conduct of its projects.
The NGO has always been closely associated with the various activities initiated by the Sector ADK / V saw the experiences gained by its President and his perfect knowledge of the eastern peripheral area of ??the Tai National Park.
The needs expressed by the population and the development of trade in food plants are that natural resources are virtually absent in the peripheral zone. In addition, the depletion of natural resources in land, linked to the bad forestry and / or agricultural practices increases the pressure on natural resources, mainly those in the Tai Forest.
To remedy this, the project plans to implement a strategy that reduces crop at best the pressures on the natural resources of Tai National Park.
III. Project summary
The project aims to promote the culture of plant Irvingia gabonensis highly appreciated for the consumption of fruit by the populations of four (04) villages in the periphery of the Tai National Park ie Tchetaly, Wonsealy, Gbliglo and Gnaboya.
IV. Project location: the Tchetaly villages Wonsealy, Gbliglo Gnaboya and the periphery of the Tai National Park, in the department of Guiglo, CAVALLY region.
V. Target: Rural women of the four (04) villages in the periphery of the Tai National Park and local residents.
VI. General objective of the project
Contribute to the protection of the Tai National Park while allowing local people to develop natural resources and improve their living conditions from a better appreciation of the issues of conservation of natural resources.
VII. Specific objectives
- Create agro-ecosystems;
- Perform a technical route respectful of biodiversity;
- Set up a demonstration plot;
- Tell the drupes marketing chain Irvingia gabonensis of;
- Raise awareness on the management of natural resources;
- Supporting the project beneficiaries on production;
- Train the beneficiaries agricultural entrepreneurship.
VIII. Key Expected Results
The expected results are:
- One (01) of acquired capitalization document research Irvingia gabonensis is produced;
- One (01) Listing is;
- 10,000 plants produced every year and 100 students are trained annually;
- The map of actors is developed and the opportunities and constraints related to the valuation of the culture of Irvingia gabonensis known;
- Two (02) information days and environmental education are carried out and three (03) animation sessions on the challenges of the sustainable conservation of Tai National Park are made;
- The women's group has ZEMASSA approval, its members are trained in facilitation tec
Project completion date : 2016-07-31 12:00:00
Major organization : SGP THE GEF SMALL GRANTS PROGRAMME
Address : UNDP 01 B.P. 1747
Country :Cote D'Ivoire
Email : CyriaqueN@unops.org,firstname.lastname@example.org
Financier : Global Environment Facility (GEF),Global Environment Facility Small Grants Programme (SGP),United Nations Development Programme (UNDP),
Financier address : United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
One United Nations Plaza
New York, NY
Website : http://www.undp.org/
Telephone: +1 2129065000
Fax: +1 2129065364
[c] 2015 Al Bawaba (Albawaba.com) Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. ( Syndigate.info ).