Printer Friendly

Addict died of overdose.

A young addict who was battling to turn his life around died of a drug overdose.

Craig Ingram was on a methadone programme to wean him off heroin.

The 21-year-old took a 120ml-a-day dose administered by a Gateshead pharmacist and when the chemist was closed at weekends he took home measured doses to take on the Saturday and Sunday.

On Sunday, July 30, last year he collapsed at home at Chichester Close, Gateshead, and died despite frantic efforts by his mother to resuscitate him. Tests later revealed that he died from methadone poisoning, equivalent to taking 200ml.

At a resumed inquest last week Gateshead coroner Terence Carney recorded a verdict of death due to dependance on drugs. He said there was no evidence Craig intended to harm himself but he had taken too much methadone.
COPYRIGHT 2007 MGN Ltd.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2007 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Evening Chronicle (Newcastle, England)
Date:Mar 19, 2007
Words:135
Previous Article:Boo hiss to panto ban.
Next Article:Road menace caused havoc in car chase.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2018 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters