Accurate 6-D rotation.
Honeywell (Minneapolis, MN) has introduced its Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU), 6-D Motion Variant, 6DF Series, designed to provide motion, position., and navigational sensing from a durable single device over six degrees of freedom. The six degrees of freedom is achieved by using MEMS (microelectromechanical system) technology to sense translational movement in 3 perpendicular axes (surge, heave, sway) and rotational movement about 3 perpendicular axes (roll, pitch, yaw). Features include:
* Highly accurate 6-D rotation and acceleration outputs.
* Compatibility with diesel fuel, hydraulic oil, gas/ethylene glycol, brake fluids, urea, liquid lime, NPK fertilizer, ammonia hydroxide, and alkaline degreasers.
* IP67, 69k, EMI (Electromagnetic Interference), and EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility) ratings.
* A 39 CAN 29 bit identifier communication output.
* A voltage range of 7 to 32 V, which minimizes the need for a voltage converter.