According to In-Stat, Cable Set Top Box Market Looking Strong after Record Growth in 2007.
"The next several years also look bright for this market," says In-Stat analyst Mike Paxton. "In-Stat is forecasting that demand for worldwide digital cable set top boxes will remain strong through 2012, although unit shipments will decrease gradually throughout the forecast period as the analog to digital cable TV transition matures."
Recent research by In-Stat found the following:
* In China, demand for digital cable set top boxes remains red hot. Over 14.7 million digital cable set top boxes shipped last year, up from 9.9 million in 2006.
* Worldwide digital cable set top box unit shipments spiked to over 41 million units last year, up from 29.7 million units in 2006.
* Worldwide cable set top box revenues passed the $6 billion mark in 2007, up from $4.8 billion in 2006.
* Unit shipments of advanced or high-end digital cable set top box products, such as HD-capable and PVR-enabled boxes, also set a new record in 2007. Over 11 million advanced digital cable set top boxes shipped in 2007, up 30% over 2006 unit shipments.
* Motorola and Cisco Systems remain the top two global manufacturers of digital cable set top boxes, although their combined market share in 2007 decreased to 45% as Chinese set top box manufacturers increased production.
The research, "The Worldwide Cable Set Top Box Market: Record-Setting Growth Continues" (#IN0804063ME), covers the worldwide market for cable set top boxes, with special emphasis on product manufacturers, market and technology trends, and the semiconductor content of the boxes. It also provides a digital cable set top box Bill of Materials forecast, an analysis of digital cable set top box profit margins, digital cable set top box manufacturer market shares for 2007, and worldwide unit shipment and revenue forecasts for the next five years.
For more information on this research or to purchase it online, please visit: http://www.instat.com/catalog/mmcatalogue.asp?id=162 or contact a sales representative: http://www.instat.com/sales.asp
The price is $3,495 (US).
Technology vendors, service providers, technology professionals and market specialists, worldwide, rely on In-Stat's experienced staff and in-depth research to support critical business, product and technology decisions. In-Stat's insights are derived from both a deep technology understanding and comprehensive research, which examines each segment of the value chain for each market. Regular and ongoing end-user demand and primary research surveys underpin much of the analysis, enabling In-Stat to provide incisive market knowledge and guidance on future market opportunities via syndicated research products, custom consulting, and advisory services.
In-Stat is a strategic segment of the $9 billion Reed Elsevier global information network, with access to an expansive worldwide electronic network, extensive technology databases and well-informed personnel. As a member of Reed Business Information, In-Stat is a division of the largest business-to-business publisher in the U.S.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Apr 30, 2008|
|Previous Article:||Tim Clark Joins Hip Digital Media's Advisory Board.|
|Next Article:||TCI and 3G Present In-Depth Plan to Enhance Value at CSX.|