For meeting registration, membership applications, and changes to your membership record, contact the ASAE Member Service Center by phone: 202-371-0940 or 888-950-ASAE; fax: 202-371-8315; or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Help Here
For answers to your association management questions, contact ASAE's Information Central. Staff can provide you with statistics, models, and case studies. Call 202-626-2742; fax 202-842-1109; or e-mail email@example.com.
Access ASAEB Online
ASAE's Web site, www.asaenet.org, provides fast and convenient access to people, practices, ideas, and resources. From managing your member account to connecting online with colleagues and experts to attending educational programs right at your desktop, ASAE's Web site is innovative and easy to navigate.
ASAE's 13 section newsletters provide information targeted to the specific needs of executives in special interest areas of association management. The newsletters are delivered via e-mail to members and provide links to articles on ASAE's Web site.
Online newsletters are available at www.asaenet.org. Click on "Professional Interest Sections," choose a section from the pull-down menu, and then click on "Search Newsletter Articles."
AMC Accreditation Program
The AMC Accreditation Program identifies and assesses quality association management companies and improves the quality of services provided to the association community. For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Associations Advance America Awards
A broad awareness campaign designed to impress upon people the value of associations, both to their individual and corporate members and to the larger society. E-mail email@example.com; or visit www.asaenet.org/aaa/aaaawards.
The CAE program is designed to elevate professional standards, enhance individual performance, and designate those who demonstrate knowledge essential to the practice of association management. For more information, call 202-626-2770; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit www.asaenet.org/cae.
Associations Make A Better World is a global awareness campaign to help associations promote the value of our industry worldwide. To learn more, check out www.asaenet.org/betterworld, where you can download a free brochure and logo. Questions? Contact email@example.com, or call John Donaldson at 202-626-2892.
Audiotapes of the recorded ASAE Knowledge Network sessions and select annual meeting and winter conference sessions can be purchased through ASAE's Member Service Center by phone: 202-3710940 or 888-950-ASAE; fax: 202-3718315: or e-mad: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ASAE's bookstore provides association executives with a comprehensive collection of practical, up-to-date, and innovative management and leadership resources. All members receive a free ASAE publications catalog. For extra copies, please contact the ASAE Member Service Center by phone: 202-371-0940 or 888950-ASAE: fax: 202-371-8315; or e-mail email@example.com. Visit the bookstore online at www.asaenet.org/bookstore.
Allied Societies Directory
A state-by-stale listing of ASAE-affiliated societies. Go to www.asaenet.org /gateway/allieddir.
An online tool for answering members' research requests. ASAE's bibliographic database contains abstracts for articles, books, surveys, and much more. Visit www.asaenet.org/research.
The foundation is the leading resource to help association industry leaders become catalysts for change and innovation. To get more information, visit www.asaefoundation.org.
AskASAE is an online repository of answers to frequently asked questions about association management issues. Go to www.asaenet.org and click on "Ask ASAE" in the left navigational column. You must be a registered member of the ASAE Web site to use this service,
Association Peer Review
ASAE's association peer review is a two-and-a-half-day comprehensive analysis that measures the organization's overall performance and impact and identifies opportunities for growth, improved market share, and elevated member service. To schedule a peer review, call 202-6262706, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
ASAE's career advancement services include CareerHeadquarters.org.offering job listings, a resume bank, and career-related resources; the Career Advancement Center with industry job listings and other resources; and one-on-one resume reviews, practice interviews, and job search assessments. Call 202-626-2835, or e-mail career@asaenet,org.
The CEO Center is an exclusive ASAE membership benefit for association chief executive officers. ASAE has helped CEOs develop marketing and business plans, redesign job descriptions, conduct a board self-assessment, and much more. Call 202-626-2742; fax 202-842-1109; or e-mail email@example.com.
Conference Center at ASAE
Host your next event in the heart of Washington, D.C., at the Conference Center at ASAE. This 5,000-square-foot facility offers state-of-the-art technology, full-service catering, and flexible room configuration--all at an affordable price. Call 202-626-2799, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
An online resource to help you manage your association's transition into the global marketplace. Visit www.asaenet.org/go,
Studies of current practices and norms in association management and the association industry provide relevant benchmarking data on topics such as compensation, benefits, technology, meetings, education, governance, publishing, AMCs, and more. For more information, call 202-6262742, or e-mail email@example.com. For more information on custom analyses, call 202-626-2847, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most sections of ASAE sponsor knowledge networks. All sessions are held at the ASAE Conference Center, Washington, D.C., unless otherwise noted; many are audioconferenced. Nonsection members are welcome to attend. For the current Knowledge Network schedule visit www.asaenet.org/calendar. For more information, call Jan Ciambor at 202-6262884, or e-mail knowledgenetworks @asaenet.org.
If you're in Washington, D.C., make an appointment to visit ASAE's library, housed in the Information Central department and open from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Here you'll find books, monographs, samples, and resource materials on association management issues. To set up an appointment, call 202-626-2856, or e-mail email@example.com.
ASAE listservers (e-mail lists) offer members a convenient means of exchanging ideas and information with their colleagues. Each ASAE professional interest section hosts at least one listservers and, as a member, you can subscribe to any or all 15 of them. Five open listservers covering the topics of philanthropy, small-staff associations, diversity, future models, and ESAE-ASAE can also be accessed. The ASAE Web site also retains archives of list conversations that can be searched by topic and date. To sign up, visit www.asaenet.org/listservers. Note that you must be a registered member of the site to access this page. For more information about the nature of the section e-mail lists, contact your section manager (see "Contacts" list).
Presented in conjunction with KRM Information Services, these highly interactive and moderated telephone conferences give you the opportunity to participate without leaving the comfort of your office. Handouts can be delivered to your desk or downloaded from the Internet. Call 202626-2725; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; or go to www.krm.com/asae for upcoming hot topics in association management.
Special Benefits for ASAE Members
ASAE members can benefit from a variety of affinity programs and services. To learn more, call the numbers below, or go to www.asaenet.org/services.
* Airborne Express program. Save on domestic and international shipping with Airborne Express. Call 800-MEMBERS.
* Car rental. Discounts through various service providers. Call the ASAE Member Service Center at 888-950-2723.
* Conferencing and virtual meeting services. Save up to 39 percent on audio, video, and webcast solutions through Citizens Conferencing, Call 800274-9390.
* Corporate savings solutions. Help your members save and recover revenue on telecommunications, energy, waste management, shipping and freight services, trash removal, water, and recycling with the Savings Solutions Program from Affiliated Power Purchasers International, LLC. Call McKinley Marketing at 301-9610022, ext. 311.
* Credit card acceptance services. Save on processing rates when accepting credit card payments from your members for dues, meeting registrations, education seminars, and publications. Call Paymentech at 800-772-4383,
* Credit card program. MBNA America provides personal and business Master Cards and a Platinum Plus credit card tailored for ASAE members. Call 800932-2775. Reference priority code 15MR.
* E-mail design and production services. Enhance your online communication and marketing efforts by using technology to create high-impact messages through DesignMail. Call CommPartners at 877488-2666.
* E-marketing and fax service. Create, distribute, and track HTML e-mail messages and newsletters, and automatically send faxes to bounced e-mail addresses from your desktop with MagnetMail. Call CommPartners at 877-488-2666.
* Investment program. Provides customized management of an association's investment needs with cash management alternatives, certificates of deposit, income and equity accounts, and more. Call Legg Mason at 800-662-0267,
* Online career services. Attract and retain members and generate revenue by offering career development services integrated seamlessly with your association's Web site and branded with your association's identity. Call Boxwood Technology at 800-331-2177.
* Online survey tool. Create and publish surveys on your Web site or embed them into your e-mail communication. With MagnetSurveys, you can track responses, analyze data, and create reporting views. Call CommPartners at 877-488-2666.
* Retirement program. Choose services and investment options to meet staff needs, or sponsor a retirement program for your members, Call The Principal Financial Group at 877-569-1298.
* Xerox copiers and office equipment. Members can save on the sale or lease of Xerox copiers, printers, facsimile machines, and so forth. Call 800-ASKXEROX, ext. ASAE1, and reference contract 0711866.
* Xerox short-term equipment rental and event services. Xerox provides services ranging from simple equipment rental and service to planning, implementing, and running a document headquarters at your next major event. Call 800-734-6856, and ask for the Short-Term Rental Group. Reference contract 0711866.
* Association convention cancellation. Travelers and Aon Association Services can protect your association against loss of revenue resulting from the cancellation of a convention or meeting. Call 800-453-5191.
* Association directors and officers liability. Protect the assets of your association and its board members with coverage from The Hartford and Aon Association Services. Call 800-453-5191,
* Association insurance company start-up. Offer a valuable member benefit and earn investment and underwriting income by forming a captive insurance company-facilitated by the ASAE Insurance Company. Call Ed Armstrong at 202-626-2869.
* Association insurance consulting services. Evaluate and improve insurance coverages, and identify and implement association-sponsored insurance programs for your members. Call Ed Armstrong at 202-626-2869.
* Association management company professional liability. With this policy, protect your exposure and that of the associations you manage. Call Aon Association Services at 800-453-5191.
* Association office package. Competitive rates offered from The Hartford and Aon Association Services for protection of property, general liability, business interruption, computer systems, automobile liability, crime/employee dishonesty, and workers' compensation. Call 800-453-5191,
* Captive and self-insurance solutions for associations. RiskCap provides assistance to associations and their brokers for the feasibility, design, implementation, and management of captive insurance and other self-insurance alternatives. Call Richard Poling at 303-388-5688,
* Specialized professional liability. MIMS International's professional liability errors and omissions coverage is profession specific and can create a nondues revenue source. Call 800-899-1399.
* Standard-setting errors and omissions liability. Protection against claims for financial loss, contingent bodily injury and property damage, unintentional discrimination, copyright infringement, misappropriation of ideas, and more. Call Media/ Professional Insurance at 816-471-6118.
* Advertising: Vernon Hemphill, 202-626-2702; email@example.com
* ASAE Foundation: Roena Cox, 202626-2854; firstname.lastname@example.org
* CAE Program: 202.626-2770; caedept @asaenet.org
* CEO Center: 202-626-2742; email@example.com
* Conference Center: Ron Leggett, 202-626-2799; conference-center @asaenet.org
* Distance Learning Programs: Sharon Huey, 202-626-2893; desktop @asaenet.org
* Education (general information): 202626-2841; firstname.lastname@example.org
* Executive Services: Lee Moore, 202626-2706; Imoore@asaenet.org
* Expositions: 202-626-2817; exhibit @asaenet.org.
* Global Resource Center: John Donaldson, 202-626-2892; global @asaenet.org
* Industry and Market Research: 202-626-2847; email@example.com
* Information Central: 202-626-2742; firstname.lastname@example.org
* Knowledge Networks: Jan Ciambor, 202-626-2884; knowledgenetworks @asaenet.org
* Member Service Center: 202-371-0940 or 888-950-ASAE; email@example.com
* Public Policy: 202-626-2703; firstname.lastname@example.org
* Public Relations: Chris Vest, 202626-2798; email@example.com
ASAE Section Managers
* Association Management Company: Mary Patterson, 202-626-2822; amcsec @asaenet.org
* Communication: Courtney Gardner, 202-626-2734; firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Component Relations: Wanda LittleCoffey, 202-626-2775; comprelsec @asaenet.org
* Executive Management: John Donaldson, 202-626-2892; email@example.com
* Finance and Administration: Wanda Little-Coffey, 202-626-2775; finadmsec @asaenet.org
* Government Relations: Chris Merida, 202-26-2831 ; govtrelsec@asaenet .org
* International: John Donaldson, 202626-2892; firstname.lastname@example.org
* Legal: Dawn Latham, 202-626-2874; email@example.com
* Marketing: Kristine Preece, 202626-2754, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Meetings and Expositions: Sharon Huey, 202-626-2893; mtgexposec @asaenet.org
* Membership: Anne O'Donnell, CAE, 202-626-2729; email@example.com
* Professional Development: Jamie Sadler, 202-626-2719; profdevsec @asaenet.org
* Technology: Margaret Hallin, 202626-2886; firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you thinking of writing for ASSOCIATION MANAGEMENT? For a copy of our author guidelines call 202-626-2708, or go to www.amonline.org.
For a copy of ASSOCIATION MANAGEMENT'S editorial calendar, call 202-626-2708, or go to www.amonline.org.
To request an ASSOCIATION MANAGEMENT media kit, please call 202-626-2702, or e-mail email@example.com.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Dec 1, 2003|
|Previous Article:||Increase the value of membership with the JIU Association Alliance Program.|
|Next Article:||Calendar: upcoming events.|
|Integrating Multiple Media to Speak With One Voice.|
|PARTNERS IN THE TECHNOLOGY REVOLUTION.|
|ESAE, ASAE Bridge the cultural divide. (Alliances).|
|Calendar: upcoming events.|