APSTRA ADVANCES INTEROPERABILITY WITH VMWARE NSX.
Enterprises are embracing business and digital transformation to improve customer experience, gain competitive advantage and increase revenue. A barrier to this is often the ability of the infrastructure to support these transformations which can result in a significant loss in investment expenses. Apstra enables these transformations through automated software-first Intent- Based Networking.
Apstra customers are able to mitigate challenges introduced by the underlying network when implementing digital transformation with VMware NSX network virtualization. Customers are now able to confirm that any underlay network they design, deploy and operate meets several criteria to reliably support NSX including VLAN configurations, MTU settings, and LAG configurations. These validations occur both during the initial setup of the network along with continuous validation during ongoing operations.
Customers that want to accelerate digital transformation require a software-defined network that spans all infrastructure and ties all these pieces together with one- click deployment, said Nikhil Kelshikar, vice president of product management, networking and security at VMware. Network virtualization offers the only practical way to provide this automated experience. NSX with Apstra AOS enables customers to treat the network infrastructure as code. This helps to accelerate deployments by bridging the gap with the physical underlay, reducing operational costs and simplifying troubleshooting.
Driving global innovation and customer value requires the ability to leverage both private data centers and public clouds with an expectation of consistency in operations, policy, and intent across each of these, said Ken Brooks, Lead Network Architect at Chevron. Apstra and VMware are enabling businesses to drive cloud-scale availability, resiliency, and efficiencies in private data centers while maintaining unified policy across these data centers and the public cloud.
What is different about AOS 3.1?
- Automation - AOS automates and enables consistent network and security policy for workloads across the physical and virtual/NSX infrastructure. As a result, businesses are more agile, and IT can adapt and respond faster to business needs.
- Hardware Agnostic - AOS integrates with numerous networking hardware and operating system vendors including Cisco and Arista, enabling consistent service delivery across the entire infrastructure. It enables businesses the flexibility to deploy an infrastructure of their choice that meets their budget and requirements without being locked-in to one vendor.
- Scale - AOS brings cloud-scale, deployment, and remediation to any physical and virtual/NSX infrastructure. Businesses that are expanding, refreshing or consolidating their data centers are able to scale deployments across thousands of switches with no performance impact.
- Visibility and Auto-Remediation - AOS bridges the visibility gap by correlating traffic traversing physical infrastructure and NSX environments enabling faster root-cause analysis and anomaly correlation. In situations where there is performance degradation, intermittent services or known maintenance on network switches, AOS enables the network team to quickly take appropriate actions ensuring applications are not impacted.
- Closed-Loop Validation - AOS goes beyond automation in delivering full integrity checks and continuous validation of policies defined by NSX eliminating complex troubleshooting procedures. Businesses can accelerate resolutions thus increasing application availability.
Apstra Intent-Based Networking increases application availability and reliability, simplifies deployment and operations, and dramatically reduces costs for Enterprise, Cloud Service Provider, and Telco data centers. Apstra empowers Intent-Based Data Centers through its pioneering Intent-Based Networking, distributed system architecture, and vendor-agnostic overlay. Headquartered in Menlo Park, California and privately funded, Apstra is a Gartner Cool Vendor and Best of VMworld winner.
For more information visit: www.apstra.com or call 617/513-7020.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Sep 1, 2019|
|Previous Article:||WENDY'S DEPLOYS COHESITY AND EXPANDS TO CLOUD.|