Printer Friendly

APPROVAL SOUGHT FOR INTERCOASTAL PIPE LINE

 EDMONTON, Alberta, July 8 /PRNewswire/ -- InterCoastal Pipe Line Inc. today announced it has applied to the National Energy Board of Canada for approval to build a new $46 million international pipeline system that will link Ontario to the continent's major sources of natural gas supply and enhance the province's storage capacity.
 The announcement was made jointly by the sponsors of InterCoastal: Interprovincial Pipe Line System Inc. (NASDAQ: IPPIF; Toronto, Montreal: IPL), which holds an 80 percent interest and will manage the new system, and ANR Pipeline Co. of Detroit, which owns the remaining 20 percent.
 Brian F. MacNeill, president and chief executive officer of Interprovincial, said the NEB filing represents an important step in advancing the InterCoastal proposal since the concept was first detailed publicly on Jan. 12, 1993. Subject to receiving regulatory approvals from the NEB, and from the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission in the United States for the ANR facilities, the InterCoastal system is expected to be in service by November of 1994.
 Initially providing 133 million cubic feet per day of natural gas transportation capacity, the system will extend from the international border near Sarnia, Ontario, to interconnect with the facilities of The Consumers' Gas Company Ltd. at Milton near Toronto. Capacity will be increased to 175 million cubic feet per day in the third year through increased utilization of compression in the United States.
 The system involves the conversion of 130 miles of one of Interprovincial's existing 20-inch diameter crude oil lines and the construction of two new shorter lines totaling 26 miles in length, giving InterCoastal direct access to ANR's system at the international border, as well as to Consumers' Tecumseh gas storage facilities in southwestern Ontario. ANR will construct a 12-mile lateral to connect the InterCoastal line to ANR's existing underground storage and related pipeline facilities in St. Clair County, Mich.
 In addition to providing additional security and diversification of gas supply, InterCoastal improves Ontario's natural gas storage availability by accessing storage fields in Michigan to complement existing storage capacity at Tecumseh. InterCoastal also provides the opportunity to access alternate delivery locations in eastern Canada and the northeast United States through exchange agreements with Consumers Gas for delivery into TransCanada PipeLines.
 Interprovincial, operator of the world's longest petroleum pipeline system, is a publicly owned corporation with shares traded on the Toronto and Montreal Stock Exchanges in Canada under the symbol "IPL," and in the United States on the NASDAQ Market under "IPPIF."
 ANR is a subsidiary of The Coastal Corp. (NYSE: CGP), a Houston- based energy holding company. Coastal has consolidated assets exceeding $10 billion and subsidiary operations in natural gas marketing, transmission and storage, refining and marketing, oil and gas exploration and production, coal, chemicals, trucking and independent power production.
 -0- 7/8/93
 /CONTACT: Frank Ternan, manager, investor relations of Interprovincial Pipe Line System, (business) 403-420-8471, or (home) 403-429-7138; or Marian Droll of ANR Pipeline, 313-496-3756/
 (IPPIF IPL. CGP)


CO: Interprovincial Pipe Line Co. Inc.; InterCoastal Pipe Line Inc.;
 Interprovincial Pipe Line System Inc.; ANR Pipeline Co. Inc. ST: Alberta, Michigan IN: OIL SU: LIC


MF-xx -- LA029 -- 9687 07/08/93 17:06 EDT
COPYRIGHT 1993 PR Newswire Association LLC
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 1993 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:PR Newswire
Date:Jul 8, 1993
Words:522
Previous Article:AMERICA WEST AIRLINES EMPLOYEES REJECT MACHINISTS UNION EFFORT
Next Article:UNIVERSAL HOSPITAL SERVICES, INC. ESTIMATES LOWER REVENUES
Topics:


Related Articles
ANR PIPELINE AND INTERPROVINCIAL MOVE FORWARD ON INTERCOASTAL PIPE LINE
INTERPROVINCIAL AND ANR PIPELINE MOVE FORWARD ON NEW GAS TRANSMISSION SYSTEM
PANHANDLE EASTERN PIPE LINE COMPANY RECEIVES FERC APPROVAL TO ORDER 636 COMPLIANCE FILING
INTERPROVINCIAL CAPACITY EXPANSION
INTERCOASTAL PIPE LINE SPONSORS FILE PROJECT AT NEB
ANR LINK TO INTERCOASTAL HOLDS OPEN SEASON
TRANSCO FILES FOR FERC APPROVAL OF 1995-1996 SOUTHEAST EXPANSION PROJECT
TRANSCONTINENTAL GAS PIPE LINE ANNOUNCES PLANS FOR SUNBELT EXPANSION PROJECT
Transco Announces Plans to Extend and Expand its Mobile Bay Lateral
Transco Announces Plans for MarketLink Expansion Project

Terms of use | Copyright © 2017 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters