APC chieftain denies having hand in attack on Obaseki.
A TOP member of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and former Deputy Chief of Staff to ex-Governor Adams Oshiomhole, Mr. Ken Ihensenkien has denied reports in some media that he had a hand in the recent attack on Governor Godwin Obaseki's convoy by some angry youths at Irrua, Esan Central Local Government Area of Edo State.
Angered over what they believed to be the marginalization of Edo central, the aggrieved youths had pelted Obaseki's convoy with sachet water at Irrua last week.
In a statement yesterday in Benin, Ihensekhien said that the baseless accusation purportedly made against by some leaders of the APC in Igueben Local Government Area was misguided and politically motivated.
He said that he was present at the meeting with Obaseki at Irrua, noting that those were also at the parley will attest to the fact that he spoke his mind boldly and sincerely, unlike some of the APC leaders who were not courageous enough to speak their minds, even though they harbour serious misgivings in their minds about the APC administration.
He added that instead of such leaders burying their heads in shame for behaving as cowards, they decided to turn around to vilify and blackmail him for speaking his mind.
He said: 'I wish to state unequivocally that I never at any given time asked or sponsored the person or persons to molest the governor, an action I am totally against.
'Furthermore, I wish to restate that my comments during the meeting with Governor Obaseki was for the interest of our great party and should not be misinterpreted to mean that I dislike the state governor.'
Ihensekhien noted that the APC leaders in Edo Central senatorial district in particular and the state, in general, should not pretend about the fact that they needed to do more to be able to defeat their opponents in the area during the forthcoming general elections.
He said: 'But if some disgruntled leaders of APC have a genuine reason to believe that I have hands or that I played any role on the attack on the state governor, they should come up with their facts and evidence or otherwise keep quiet and repent from blackmailing innocent politicians, especially my humble self.'
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Nigerian Tribune (Oyo State, Nigeria)|
|Date:||Aug 27, 2018|
|Previous Article:||Osun 2018: Again, court dismisses certificate forgery suit against Adeleke.|
|Next Article:||FG encouraged by growth in non-oil sector a Udoma.|