Printer Friendly

APACHE COMPLETES PURCHASE OF OFFSHORE INTERESTS

 HOUSTON, Nov. 25 ~PRNewswire~ -- Apache Corp. (NYSE: APA) today completed its previously announced acquisition of Shell Offshore Inc.'s 92.6 percent working interest in Matagorda Island Blocks 681 and 682 in the Gulf of Mexico. Apache already held the remaining 7.4 percent interest in the properties on behalf of the company and a drilling partnership, which will also participate in the purchase.
 In the transaction, which was effective July 1, Apache paid Shell $67 million for the properties, which are currently producing a total of 60 million cubic feet of gas per day. Also included were drilling and recompletion opportunities on leases totaling approximately 11,500 net acres and 14 miles of gathering line.
 Apache is an independent energy company engaged in exploration for and development and production of natural gas and crude oil. The company's securities are traded on the New York and Midwest Stock Exchanges (symbol APA).
 -0- 11~25~92
 ~CONTACT: Jeanne Buchanan of Apache, 713-296-6155~
 (APA)


CO: Apache Corp.; Shell Offshore Inc. ST: Texas IN: OIL SU:

BB -- DV001 -- 1444 11~25~92 10:24 EST
COPYRIGHT 1992 PR Newswire Association LLC
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 1992 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:PR Newswire
Date:Nov 25, 1992
Words:182
Previous Article:TRUCKERS OFFER SAFETY TIPS FOR HOLIDAY TRAVEL
Next Article:IBERIA EXPANDS SERVICE TO LATIN AMERICA FROM MIAMI HUB
Topics:


Related Articles
APACHE ANNOUNCES GULF OF MEXICO ACQUISITIONS TOTALING $125.5 MILLION
HALL-HOUSTON ANNOUNCES SALE OF GULF OF MEXICO PROPERTIES
APACHE TO ACQUIRE A MAJORITY INTEREST IN HADSON ENERGY RESOURCES FOR APPROXIMATELY $60 MILLION
APACHE COMPLETES PURCHASE OF GULF OF MEXICO PROPERTIES
APACHE PURCHASES SAN JUAN BASIN PROPERTIES FOR $19.2 MILLION
APACHE ADDS OFFSHORE BLOCKS; 10 MMCF/D WELL GOES ON PRODUCTION
APACHE TO ACQUIRE AQUILA'S OIL AND GAS ASSETS FOR $198 MILLION
APACHE CLOSES ON AQUILA PURCHASE, EQUITY OFFERING
Apache Closes Acquisition of Australian Properties From Mobil
Apache Restructures Interest in Cote d'Ivoire, Sells Stake to Mondoil, Saur Energie.

Terms of use | Copyright © 2016 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters