Printer Friendly

ANP seeking support combating terrorism.

ISLAMABAD, June 24, 2009 (Balochistan Times) --Awami National Party (ANP) leader Afrasiyab Khan Khattak said war against Taliban will be long and exhaustive and international community should help Pakistan rather criticizing Pakistans conduct on war against Taliban. Talking to BBC Radio he said Talibans are getting support from overseas and this is right time to address this issue as well in order to eliminate Taliban. To a question he said that as a policy they are not in the favour of raising Lashkars because the government has to performed its duties itself but the way ruthlessly the militants attack innocent people in the Hayagai mosque during Friday prayers local people stood against the militants as a reaction and took arms. ANP leader said that the government supported them because they took arms against this excess and it was no illegal as they wanted to purge their areas from militantness. He added that general public is against these armed outfits of militants in entire Malakand division, who deceived the people in the name of Islam and committed genocide their besides destroying their property. To another question he highlighted that they have tried to provide maximum services to the people at their return to their own areas. Electricity has been restored in 70% area of Buner and efforts are afoot to restore electricity in remaining 30% area. With respect the security, situation in Buner is 95% satisfactory. As far as Swat is concerned most of the area has been cleared and peaceful. He said they are working with patience for repatriation of displaced persons so that first they should arrange the basic facilities for them in their native areas and then allow them to return. They have made a plan to provide ration to every home till six months at their return. Our government will be with them at every stage, he said.

(THROUGH ASIA PULSE)
COPYRIGHT 2009 Asia Pulse Pty Ltd
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2009 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Balochistan Times (Baluchistan Province, Pakistan)
Date:Jun 24, 2009
Words:314
Previous Article:OGDCL not being privatized: Naveed Qamar.
Next Article:TV may delay infants speech: Study.
Topics:


Related Articles
ANP, Opposition strongly criticize Zardari for tabling Nizam-e-Adl bill in NA.
Common Strategy must to defeat Taliban : Rehman.
Malakand operation enjoys popular support of masses: Asfandyar.
ANP appeals Intl community to provide funds for IDPs rehabilitation.
ANP backs commencement of BISP for Malakand IDPs.
Saudi's 'war on terror' wins US praise.
Gilani, Sharif phone Bilour, sympathize on Peshawar blast.
NWFP demands targeting fleeing terrorists.
Dialogues best solution to settle Waziristan issue: Syed Munawar Hasan.
US cannot be fooled by denying presence of terrorists in Pak: Baloch leaders.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2019 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters