ANA resources on workplace violence.
* The healthcare sector leads all other industries, with 45% of all nonfatal assaults against workers resulting in lost work days in the US. (BLS, 2006).
* From 1993 to 1999 approximately 765,000 assaults occurred against healthcare workers resulting in days away from work (BLS, 2006; BLS, 2001)
* From 2003 to 2009, 8 registered nurses were FATALLY injured at work (BLS, 2011)
* 4 RNs received gunshot wounds (RNs) leading to their death
* 4 RNs received other fatal injuries
* 8 of 8 RNs were working in private healthcare facilities (not state or local government)
* 8 of 8 RNs were 35-54 years of age
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Iowa Nurse Reporter|
|Date:||Aug 1, 2011|
|Previous Article:||Federal legislation to allow ARNPS to sign home health plans.|
|Next Article:||Workplace violence reported by registered nurses.|