As you know, the American Nurses Association (ANA) actively seeks out and submits names of nurse members for appointment at the national level. These types of appointments usually require a very specific skill set and expertise, and ANA requires that all are association members.
For the first quarter of 2013, ANA was VERY successful in having members appointed to key panels, committees, and Technical Expert Panels (TEP) within the National Quality Forum (NQF) and other federal agencies.
* Marla Weston, PhD, RN, FAAN--NQF Measure Application Partnership's (MAP) Coordinating Committee (reappointment)
* Patricia Stone, PhD, RN, FAAN - Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Hospital Value-based Purchasing Program (HVBP) Monitoring and Evaluation Strategies(TEP)
* Patricia Flatley Brennan, RN, PhD, FAAN, FACMI - Food and Drug Administration Safety Innovation Act (FDASIA) Workgroup of the Office of the National Coordinator of Health IT, Federal Communications Commission, and Food and Drug Administration.
* Patricia Quigley, PhD, MPH, ARNP, CRRN, FAAN, FAANPP - Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) Falls Prevention Workgroup
* Sandra Bergquist-Beringer PhD, RN, CWCN - CMS's Development of a Cross-Setting Pressure Ulcer Quality Measure Health Care Quality and Outcomes TEP
* Joanna D. Sikkema, DNP, MSN, ANP, FPCNA - Partnership for Patients Million Hearts Workgroup
National Quality Forum (NQF) Nursing Organizational Member Joint Nominations
* Pam Cipriano PhD, RN, FAAN - Consensus Standards Approval Committee (reappointment)
* Bobbie Berkowitz Ph.D., RN, NEA-BC, FAAN - NQF MAP's Coordinating Committee (reappointment--population health expert)
* Geri Lamb, PHD, RN, FAAN - NQF MAP Post-acute/Long Term Care (reappointment - care coordination expert)
* Joyce Sensmeier MS, RN-BC, CPHIMS, FHIMSS, FAAN - NQF's Health Information Technology Advisory Committee (HITAC)
* Gail Stuart, PhD, RN, FAAN - NQF MAP Dual Eligible Workgroup (reappointment--nursing expert)
* Nancy Hanrahan, RN, PhD, FAAN - NQF MAP Duals Eligible Workgroup (psychiatric-mental health expert)
These types of requests for nominations typically require a very quick turn around for submission. To facilitate this process ANA is in the process of developing a voluntary, online Special Interest Database that will provide members with an opportunity to indicate their interest in serving at the national level and to identify their particular areas of expertise and interest. The target is to complete work on the database and roll-it out by the end of this year.
If you have any questions, please contact Maureen Dailey (Maureen.firstname.lastname@example.org) about the appointments and Cheryl Peterson (Cheryl.email@example.com) about the Special Interest Database.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Iowa Nurse Reporter|
|Date:||Jun 1, 2013|
|Previous Article:||Welcome to convention 2013! Iowa Nurses Association / Iowa Nurses Foundation annual convention October 13-15, 2013.|
|Next Article:||Registered Nurse Safe Staffing bill introduced in Congress: nurse staffing directly impacts patient safety; direct care nurses to drive staffing...|