AMOREPACIFIC'S JADE POWDER COSMETIC BLOCKS BLUE LIGHT.
Sunscreen/Insect Repellant Compositions
* US Patent No. 10,172,775 B2 (Jerry Steven Johnson); Sunsect, Inc., Tallahassee, FL, has patented a combination sunscreen and insect repellant composition comprising diethyl toluamide (or N, N-diethyl-3-methylbenzamide or DEET); and two or more sunscreen components, each of said two or more sunscreen components that are comprised of 1-(4-methoxyphenyl)-3-(4-tert-butylphenyl)propane-1,3-dione and (RS)-2-ethylhexyl (2E)-3-(4-methoxyphenyl) prop-2-enoate.
Acrylic Polymer and Amino Silicone Composition for Hair
* US Patent No. 10,159,639 B2 (Karen Teboul); L'Oreal, Paris, has patented a composition for treating keratin fibers that contains an aqueous dispersion of hybrid hydrophobic film-forming acrylic polymer particles and at least one amino silicone. The ratio of the hybrid hydrophobic film-forming acrylic polymer particles to amino silicone, by weight of active material, ranges from 0.2 to 10.
Kimberly-Clark Patents Wet Wipes
* US Patent No. 10,166,174 B2 (Corey T. Cunningham, JongChon Kim, JungHak Kim, Hwajun Lee, SangSoo J. Lee, SangHa Park); Kimberly-Clark Worldwide, Inc., Neenah, WI, has been awarded a US patent for a wet wipe that is comprised of porous sheets composed of a coherent web of fibers and a cleaning composition contained within the sheet. The cleaning composition contains water, surfactant and water-insoluble polysaccharide particles that reside on the surface of the fibers of the porous sheet.
Clay Micro Tubes To Color Hair Fibers
* US Patent No. 10,166,175 B1 (Yuri Lvov, Abhishek Panchal, Rawil Fakhrullin); Louisiana Tech Research Corporation, Ruston, LA, has patented a method of coloring hair that entails applying to the hair a coloring mixture for at least one minute. The coloring mixture is comprised of an aqueous-based carrier liquid which is at least 75% by weight water and aluminosilicate micro-tubes having an insoluble hair dye agent loaded into a lumen of the micro-tubes to at least a four weight percent dye loading efficiency. The microtubes are present in the carrier liquid in a concentration of between about 5 mg/ml and about 50 mg/ml; and the mixture has a pH of between about 4.0 and about 6.0.
Depilatory Wax Patented By Spanish Company
* US Patent No. 10,166,178 B2 (Raul Vidal Esmoris, Gema Garcia De Miguel); Grupo DRV Phytolab, S.L., a Spanish firm, has patented a depilatory composition consisting of synthetic resins selected from the group consisting of petroleum resin and colophony resin; a carrier of a hydrophilic cosmetic active agent. The carrier introduces the active agent into the depilatory composition. The carrier is obtained by reaction of liquid jojoba wax, mimosa wax and sunflower wax with polyglycerol-3 esters.
Researcher Patents Kerantinized Tissue Treatment
* US Patent No. 10,166,180 B2; Marty Richard Hunter of Surrey, CA has patented a method for treating a keratinized tissue that entails conducting one or more treatment cycles. Each treatment cycle entails contacting the keratinized tissue with an acid-activated gas-generating composition, the acid-activated gas-generating composition consisting of a gas generating agent and one or more of water, aloe vera extract, panthenol, a sugar, a nonionic surfactant, a preservative, a water-soluble alkali metal halide salt, a water-soluble alkali earth metal salt, an ionic surfactant, a sugar, or sea trace elements; contacting the keratinized tissue with an acid composition, the acid composition consisting of an acid and one or more of water, aloe vera extract, panthenol, a sugar, a nonionic surfactant, a preservative, a water-soluble alkali metal halide salt, a water-soluble alkali earth metal salt, an ionic surfactant, a sugar, or sea trace elements; and allowing the acid composition and the acid-activated gas-generating composition to react generating a gas at the keratinized tissue. The treatments cycles are effective to at least partly ameliorate the keratinized tissue.
The keratinized tissue condition is selected from the group consisting of acneiform eruptions, autoinflammatory syndromes, chronic blistering, conditions of the skin appendages, dermatitis, drug or agent eruptions, infection-related, papulosquamous hyperkeratosis, palmoplantar keratodcrmas, pruritis, psoriasis, conditions resulting from physical factors, or ionizing radiation-induced conditions, according to the patent.
Teeth Whitening Patent Awarded to Quorum Bio
* US Patent No. 10,172,769 B2 (Jae Hyun Sim, Bong Kyu Choi, Yu Jung Choi, Hyung Kil Choi); Quorum Bio Co., Ltd., Seoul, has patented a method for whitening teeth that entails coating a tooth whitening composition including peroxide onto the teeth and radiating anions to the tooth whitening composition.
Colgate Patents 'High Water' Oral Care Composition
* US Patent No. 10,172,770 B2 (Aarti Rege); Colgate-Palmolive Company has patented a "high water" oral care composition that is comprised of an orally acceptable carrier, zinc phosphate, sodium fluoride, stannous pyrophosphate and an organic acid buffer system selected from citric acid, lactic acid, malic acid, maleic acid, fumaric acid, acetic acid, succinic acid and tartaric acid.
Skin Whitening Formula With Canola Extracts
* US Patent No. 10,172,772 B2 (Najla Guthrie, Robert Allen Guthrie); KGK Science, Inc., London, CA, has patented a method for lightening skin that entails topically applying to the skin a composition that consists of a canola extract comprising protocatechuic acid, vanillic acid, caffeic acid, syringic acid, P-coumaric acid, and sinapic acid (wherein the canola extract comprises at least 30% sinapic acid) and a cosmetically acceptable carrier.
A dose of sinapic acid from the composition is about 10 pg/ml to about 400 ug/ml; and a dose of phenolics from the composition is about 10 pg/ml to about 600 pg/ml.
Malaysia University Patents Dishwasher Detergent
* US Patent No. 10,196,588 B2 (Raja Noor Zaliha Raja Abdul Rahman, Abu Bakar Salleh, Mahiran Basri, Izuddin Abdul Rahman); Universiti Putra Malaysia, Selangor, has been awarded a US patent for a dishwashing machine detergent formulation that improves tableware or dishware cleaning, sanitizing, and/or stain removal.
The formulation is comprised of a nonionic surfactant (an alkyl polyglucoside); dispersing agent (sodium polyacrylate, sodium carboxymethyl cellulose, or sodium carboxymethyl inulin); builder agent (carbonate); enzyme stabilizer (glycine); an enzyme (a purified thermostable Tl lipase enzyme stable at temperatures between 55[degrees] C. and 80[degrees] C); filler (sodium or potassium sulfate); and water.
According to the patent literature, the carbonate and glycine are present at a ratio of 30:70. The formulation has a pH of at least 9.0 at a concentration of 1.5 grams per liter in water.
Kao Patents Skin And Hair Cleanser
* US Patent No. 10,196,587 B2 (Yasuhiro Doi); Kao Corporation, Tokyo, has patented a cleansing composition for skin and hair that comprises an internal olefin sulfonate having 12 or more and 24 or less carbon atoms, wherein the total content of an internal olefin sulfonate having 16 carbon atoms and an internal olefin sulfonate having 18 carbon atoms in the internal olefin sulfonate is 95% by mass or more; a content of an internal olefin sulfonate in which a sulfonate group is present at the C-2 position in the internal olefin sulfonate is 25% to 5% by mass; and a mass content ratio of a hydroxy form of the internal olefin sulfonate to an olefin form of the internal olefin sulfonate in the internal olefin sulfonate (hydroxyl form/olefin form) is from 80/20 to 100/0.
SC Johnson Patents Gel Cleanser Composition
* US Patent No. 10,196,591 B2 (Wayne M. Rees, Thomas A. Strash); SC Johnson has been awarded a patent for a self-adhesive cleaning composition. The composition is comprised of ethoxylated alcohol; polymeric alkylene oxide block copolymer; oxygenated hydrocarbon co-hardening agent. The gel has a hardness at 22[degrees]C. of at least about 200g and a gel melt temperature of about 50 to 90[degrees]C. The oxygenated hydrocarbon co-hardening agent has a solubility in water of less than about 0.1 wt.%, according to the patent filing.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Household & Personal Products Industry|
|Date:||Mar 1, 2019|
|Previous Article:||AMOREPACIFIC EXPANDS ESPOIR INTO THAILAND.|
|Next Article:||PROCTER & GAMBLE PATENTS BIOMARKER-BASED METHOD FOR FORMULATING ANTI-AGING SKIN CARE PRODUCTS.|