Printer Friendly

AMAX GOLD LAUNCHES BID TO ACQUIRE FAIRBANKS GOLD LTD.

 AMAX GOLD LAUNCHES BID TO ACQUIRE FAIRBANKS GOLD LTD.
 GOLDEN, Colo., Nov. 7 /PRNewswire/ -- AMAX GOLD INC.


(NYSE: AU; Toronto: AXG) announced that it has commenced an exchange offer for all of the outstanding common shares of Fairbanks Gold Ltd., a British Columbia company listed on the Toronto and Vancouver stock exchanges. The offer will remain open for acceptance until 12:00 midnight, Toronto, Ontario time (9:00 p.m., Vancouver, British Columbia time) on Jan. 2, 1992, unless the offer is extended. Consummation of the offer is conditioned on not less than 90 percent of the issued and outstanding Fairbanks common shares being deposited under the offer and not withdrawn.
 Fairbanks Gold indirectly owns a 51 percent interest in the Fort Knox gold deposit north of Fairbanks, Alaska. The remaining 49 percent interest in the deposit is held indirectly by Gilmore Gold Inc., a privately held Delaware corporation. Amax Gold announced on Sept. 12, 1991, that it has entered into agreements governing the terms of the exchange offer for Fairbanks Gold and a merger of Gilmore Gold with a wholly-owned subsidiary of Amax Gold.
 To acquire Fairbanks Gold, Amax Gold is offering to exchange two shares of Amax Gold common stock plus one Amax Gold Warrant for every four Fairbanks Gold common shares. In connection with the merger of Gilmore Gold, shareholders of Gilmore Gold will receive 6.3 million shares of Amax Gold common stock and 630,000 warrants. Each warrant will have a term of four years from the date of first issue of any of the warrants and will entitle the holder to purchase one share of Amax Gold common stock for $21.00.
 Robert Friedland and Ivanhoe Capital Corp., which is wholly-owned by Friedland, have committed to deposit their Fairbanks common shares, which represent approximately 37.9 percent of the outstanding Fairbanks common shares (net of shares subject to outstanding options and other rights of acquisitions in favor of third parties), into the exchange offer.
 Fairbanks common shares should be tendered in the manner described in the prospectus and take-over bid circular and accompanying letter of acceptance and transmittal or, alternatively, in the notice of guaranteed delivery. For copies of the prospectus and take-over bid circular, contact:
 RBC Dominion Securities Morrow & Co.
 Park Place - Suite 2100 345 Hudson Street
 666 Burrard Street New York, NY 10014
 Vancouver, B.C. V6C 3B1 U.S.A.
 Canada 800-634-4458
 604-688-8411
 Attn: Investment Banking Dept.
 Upon completion of the exchange offer and the Gilmore merger, Amax Gold will have issued a total of approximately 13.5 million additional common shares and 4.23 million warrants.
 Amax Gold produces and explores for gold in the United States and New Zealand, is listed on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges and is 87 percent-owned by AMAX Inc.
 -0- 11/7/91
 /CONTACT: Gina Wilson of AMAX Gold Inc., 303-273-0623/
 (AU) CO: AMAX Gold Inc.; Fairbanks Gold Ltd. ST: Colorado IN: MNG SU: TNM SG -- DV002 -- 2157 11/07/91 11:03 EST
COPYRIGHT 1991 PR Newswire Association LLC
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 1991 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:PR Newswire
Date:Nov 7, 1991
Words:502
Previous Article:BAYBANK FIRST TO BRING SELF-SERVICE BANKING TO MASSACHUSETTS; NEW DOWNTOWN BOSTON BAYBANK OFFICE OPENS DOOR TO SELF-SERVICE BANKING
Next Article:PHELPS DODGE ELECTS GENERAL COUNSEL
Topics:


Related Articles
AMAX GOLD INC. LAUNCHES BID TO ACQUIRE FAIRBANKS GOLD LTD.
AMAX GOLD INC. TAKES UP SHARES OF FAIRBANKS GOLD LTD.
AMAX GOLD CLOSES FORT KNOX DEAL
AMAX GOLD TO ACQUIRE 50 PERCENT OF REFUGIO PROJECT
AMAX GOLD FINALIZES ACQUISITION OF REFUGIO PROJECT
PIEDMONT MINING SAYS AMAX GOLD TO SELL ITS INTEREST IN HAILE PROJECT
SILVERADO ACQUIRES NEW GOLD PROPERTY BETWEEN NEWMONT AND PLACER DOME
CYPRUS AMAX'S INTEREST IN THE KUBAKA PROJECT TO BE SOLD TO AMAX GOLD INC.
Amax Gold Completes Acquisition Of Kubaka Mine In Russia
Kinross Gold Corporation Agrees to Merge with Amax Gold Inc.

Terms of use | Copyright © 2017 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters