AICPA tax membership section free for limited time.
The 23,000 current members of the Tax Section ($135 annual cost per member) enjoy unique professional practice support and advocacy, as well as these time-saving, quality benefits:
* Checklists and Practice Guides (http://tax.aicpa.org/Resources/Tax+Prac tice+Guides+and+Checklists/2005+Tax+ Practice+Guides+and+Checklists/). Get access to more than 100 engagement letters, organizers and checklists for preparing and reviewing all major tax returns. With continual changes and ever-evolving nuances in tax law, it is easy to miss an election or overlook language in an engagement letter that would protect you from a future lawsuit. Safeguard your practice by using the materials prepared each year by experts in their fields. This product alone costs non-members $132.
* Tax Section E-Alert (http://tax.aicpa.org/ Resources/Publications/AICPA+Tax+E -Alerts.htm). Sent approximately biweekly, these e-mails will alert you to important tax legislation and IRS and court rulings on important practical developments affecting individuals and small businesses.
* The Tax Adviser (www.aicpa.org/pubs/ taxadv/index.htm). You can subscribe to the profession's top journal for tax planning, trends, and techniques for $30-$55 off the regular annual subscription rate.
* Improved Discounts on Tax Material and Conferences. Larger discounts than the regular AICPA member rates on tax conferences, publications and products from the AICPA and external vendors are offered. These discounts alone could easily produce savings in excess of the cost of section membership.
* Tax Section Discussion Forums (http://tax.aicpa.org/Community/Tax+Di scussion+Forum.htm). Post questions and interact with other Tax Section members at forms organized along specialized tax knowledge lines.
* Tax Section Newsletter (http://tax. aicpa.org/Resources/Publications /Tax+Division+Newsletters.htm). Mailed to Tax Section members three times each year, the newsletter covers information about tax practice developments, the AICPA's activities in Washington on behalf of the profession, and important member benefits.
* Premium Web Content. After Aug. 15, the padlocks go on again and only Tax Section members will be able to access these materials.
To join the Tax Section, visit the Web site (www.aicpa.org/tax) or add it on your annual AICPA dues bill.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||tax info|
|Date:||Jul 1, 2006|
|Previous Article:||AICPA merges staff support of XBRL, enhanced business reporting to facilitate improving business information.|
|Next Article:||AICPA patners with treasury on "Simplify" campaign; treasury offers enhanced batch provider software.|