AGRICULTURE : 38.9 MN EURO EARMARKED FOR PRODUCT PROMOTION.
The European Commission approved on 10 July 23 programmes in 11 member states to provide information on and to promote agricultural products in the European Union. The total budget of the programmes running between one and three years is 77.7 million, of which the EU will contribute half. The selected programmes cover organic products, agricultural quality products (Protected Designation of Origin - PDO, Protected Geographical Indication - PGI andaTraditional Speciality Guaranteed - TSG), dairy products, poultry meat, wine, fruit and vegetables and honey.
The programmes can consist of public relations, promotional or publicity actions, in particular highlighting the advantages of EU products, especially in terms of quality, hygiene, food safety, nutrition, labelling, animal welfare or environment-friendliness of their production, The measures can also cover participation at events and fairs, information campaigns on the EU systems of PDO, PGI and TSG, information on EU quality and labelling systems and organic farming, campaigns on the EU system of quality wines produced in specified regions (QWPSR).
EU financing, million euro (products)
- France-Italy-Netherlands: 5.7 (apples)
- Germany: 0.5 (organic production)
- Czech Republic: 0.4 (organic farming)
- Greece: 2.2 (quality products, honey)
- Spain: 4 (quality products, milk, poultry)
- France: 8.3 (fruits, quality products, organic farming)
- Italy: 4.5 (poultry, quality products)
- Hungary: 0.8 (wine)
- Netherlands: 2.9 (poultry meat)
- Austria: 1.5 (organic farming)
- Poland: 5.4 (fruits, vegetables, honey, milk)
- Portugal: 1 (wine)
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Article Type:||Brief article|
|Date:||Jul 11, 2007|
|Previous Article:||BIOFUELS : CONFERENCE PROMOTES SUSTAINABILITY AND OPEN MARKET.|
|Next Article:||EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT : ATTEMPT TO BLOCK VOTE ON IGC MANDATE IN COMMITTEE.|