AF&PA names conservation award winners.
* 2003 Wildlife Stewardship Industry Cooperator Award to Mark Johns, wildlife biologist at the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission and coordinator for North Carolina Partners in Flight.
* 2003 Forest Management Award to Temple-Inland Inc., Austin, Texas, for its Conservation Forest Program--a formal program developed to identify, conserve, and enhance Temple-Inland's forests.
* 2003 Wildlife Stewardship Award for air Individual to Brian Kernohan, senior ecological specialist at the Boise Corp. The award recognizes an individual employed by an AF&PA member company who has primary responsibility for a program or project in wildlife or fisheries management. During his tenure with Boise, Kernohan has been responsible for the management of a tour and a half year, US$ 1.8 million ecosystem management demonstration project.
* 2003 Wildlife Stewardship Award in the category of Industry Cooperator to NatureServe, a non profit conservation group recognized for working to assist the Sustainable Forestry Board (SFB) and Sustainable Forestry Initiative[R] (SFI) program to understand NatureServe's scientific method for evaluating imperiled species and habitats.
* AF&PA awarded Plum Creek Timber the Wildlife Stewardship Group Award in recognition of the Swam Valley Grizzly Bear Consecration Agreement for Montana. AF&PA's Wildlife Stewardship Awards recognizes significant achievements by wildlife and fisheries biologists and managers working for the forest products industry and cooperators in wildlife or fisheries programs on private forests or a (SFI) participant's forest.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||Industry Awards|
|Publication:||Solutions - for People, Processes and Paper|
|Date:||Aug 1, 2003|
|Previous Article:||IRS concludes Temple-Inland probe.|
|Next Article:||IP honors two far conservation and education.|