From the December 5 issue:
Have you thought of canceling your subscription to AOL because of the Cases' donation to Westminster?
Reader cerements from www. advocate.com
* "I have already canceled my membership; I am now with EarthLink."
* The fact that Westminster happens to be owned by a church that has `ex-gay' ministries should not be at issue. Neither Mr. or Mrs, Case has ever said anything antigay. This `guilt by association treatment they have received is truly unfair."
* "America Online lost my account and my loyalty when they helped the Navy out a sailor. AOL has shown again and again that Case can't be trusted. Why give him money?"
* "If it were a corporate donation, it would reflect company policy. But this was not a corporate gift, Private donations are none of my business. All straights have to fund GLBT-approved causes?"
* "I'm recommending that my friends switch their subscriptions from AOL to a gay-friendly Internet service, After all, we have enough obstacles to overcome without financially supporting companies that enrich our enemies."
Please keep letters brief and to the point; we reserve the right to edit all letters as deemed necessary, Letters must include the home address and phone number of the writer and should be sent to Letters to the Editor, The Advocate, P.O. Box 4371, Los Angeles, CA 90078; faxed to (323) 467-6805; or E-mailed to email@example.com. We cannot respond to letters individually, For general information, send an E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with info typed in the subject line of your message.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||The Advocate (The national gay & lesbian newsmagazine)|
|Article Type:||Brief Article|
|Date:||Jan 30, 2001|
|Previous Article:||reader forum.|
|Next Article:||Fight or flight?|