Printer Friendly


Dear Clive My Mam recently passed away whilst in hospital. I was really unhappy with the care that my Mam received and think that it was disgraceful the way she was treated in the hospital and by her care home. There is going to be an inquest held about my Mam's death. Does this mean that I will get compensation for the family and will I need a lawyer? Sue Dear Sue Coroner's inquests are held to establish the cause of death and a coroner cannot award compensation. The inquest is a fact-finding investigation and the coroner will be careful not to consider any issues of liability during the inquest.

A claim for compensation for clinical negligence can be investigated at the same time as an inquest.

The clinical negligence team here are McKeag and Co will be able to provide you with more advice about what to expect at an inquest and may be able to offer you representation as well as advising whether you will be able to bring a claim.

Contact the clinical negligence team at McKeag & Co on 0191 213 1010 or and they will advise you further.

Clive McKeag is senior consultant and former senior partner of McKeag & Co Solicitors. Contact McKeag & Co on 0191 213 1010 or visit

No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2015 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Evening Chronicle (Newcastle, England)
Date:Feb 23, 2015
Previous Article:The new town that is growing old gracefully.
Next Article:Traffic & Travel update.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2019 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters