ACPE members named to Modern Healthcare's 50 Most Influential Physician leaders list.
The votes have been counted, and it's official: ACPE members are wellrepresented on Modern Healthcare's list of the 50 Most Influential Physician Executives and Leaders.
This year's list included 10 members. ACPE's CEO Peter Angood, MD, FRCS(C), FACS, FCCM, was ranked 30th. Others were:
* Kelvin Baggett, MD, MPH, MBA, senior VP of clinical operations and chief clinical officer at Tenet Healthcare in Dallas, TX. (40)
* David Bailey, MD, MBA, president and CEO of Nemours in Jacksonville, FL. (44)
* Richard Bankowitz, MD, MBA, chief medical officer at Premier in Charlotte, NC. (38)
* Georges Benjamin, MD, executive director of the American Health Association in Washington, D.C. (26)
* Christine Cassel, MD, MACP, president and CEO of the National Quality Forum in Washington, D.C. (16)
* Gary Kaplan, MD, chairman and CEO of Virginia Mason Health System in Seattle, WA. (3)
* Barbara Paul, MD, senior VP and chief medical officer for Community Health Systems in Franklin, TN. (50)
* Ronald Paulus, MD, MBA, president and CEO of Mission Health in Asheville, NC. (20)
* Prem Reddy, MD, chairman, president and CEO of Prime Healthcare Services of Ontario, Canada. (15)
The magazine received more than 2,500 nominations for this year's Most Influential list. The final ballot was composed of 100 physician leaders and magazine readers were asked to vote for the physicians they thought were most influential.
Readers' votes counted for 50 percent of the final ranking, and the other 50 percent was determined by senior editors at Modern Healthcare.
A complete list is available at modernhealthcare.com/section/50-most-influential-2014.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||ACPE news; American College of Physician Executives|
|Article Type:||Brief article|
|Date:||Jul 1, 2014|
|Previous Article:||ACPE creates new CMO Academy with The Joint Commission.|
|Next Article:||Members gather in Chicago for 2014 Annual Meeting.|