ABA makes additions to NASDAQ community bank index.
THE ABA HAS ADDED 10 BANKS TO THE ABA NASDAQ COMMUNITY BANK INDEX (ABAQ). The index includes 382 community banks with a market capitalization of $123 billion.
Launched in December 2003, the ABAQ is the most broadly representative stock index for community banks and remains an important tool for giving banks more visibility with analysts and investors.
Additions to the index as of Dec. 3, 2012, are:
* Capital Bank Financial Corp. (CBF), Coral Gables, Fla.
* CU Bancorp (CUNB), Encino, Calif.
* FS Bancorp (FSBW), Mountlake Terrace, Wash.
* Georgetown Bancorp (GTWN), Georgetown, Mass.
* Hamilton Bancorp (HBK), Baltimore, Md.
* HomeTrust Bancshares (HTBI), Asheville, N.C.
* Howard Bancorp (HBMD), Ellicott City, Md.
* Madison County Financial (MCBK), Madison, Neb.
* Pacific Capital Bancorp (PCBC), Santa Barbara, Calif. * Sound Financial Bancorp (SFBC), Seattle, Wash.
The index includes all banks and savings associations or their holding companies listed on the NASDAQ, with the exception of any of the 50 largest bank and thrift charters based on asset size, banks classified as having an "international specialization," and banks classified as having a "credit card specialization." Asset size and business classifications are based on the most recently available FDIC data.
The complete list can be accessed on the ABAQ's Web page: www.aba.com/About/Pages/ABAQ.aspx
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||At Your Service|
|Publication:||ABA Bank Marketing|
|Article Type:||Brief article|
|Date:||Mar 1, 2013|
|Previous Article:||Steve jobs: not just CEO, but also customer satisfaction director.|
|Next Article:||ABA subsidiary and TransCard announce renewal of prepaid card program.|