A10 NETWORKS EXTENDS CARRIER-CLASS FIREWALL LINE.
The Thunder containerized firewall was recently demonstrated as part of the Linux Foundation's end-to-end cloud-native 5G network proof of concept at KubeCon + CloudNativeCon. This first of its kind proof-of-concept (PoC) was a fully containerized, end-to-end 5G non-stand- alone (NSA) distributed cloud network, which paves the way for commercial deployments in mobile operator networks globally.
The Thunder CFW includes functionality that helps ensure the security, reliability and availability of 5G networks as they transition from physical network functions to be completely cloud native. It can be broadly deployed in mobile networks at the SGi, roaming and radio access network (RAN) interfaces. The A10 vThunder virtual network function (VNF) package has been integrated and validated with leading NFV-MANO solutions, including Ericsson Cloud Manager, NEC Netcracker HOM, Red Hat OpenStack, and tested in recent ETSI NFV Plugtests for end-to-end VNF lifecycle operation capabilities. New and enhanced capabilities include:
- Security gateway (IPsec) to secure the RAN-core backhaul and authenticated RAN nodes
- GTP firewall enhancements that comply with recent GSMA guidelines for roaming security
- DNS over HTTPS
- DNS application firewall
- GTP Director, providing intelligent traffic steering for efficient balancing of the traffic load within core network
- Carrier-class firewall enhancements, including URL/SNI/domain-name filtering
- One-DDoS distributed detection to protect against large-scale DDoS threats
- MEC ready to deploy in a mobile edge compute environment that requires high-density, low-footprint network function virtualization and ties into orchestration systems
- Unique scale-out architecture to provide a 3 Tbps in a virtual chassis or 1.5 Tbps in the cloud-native solution
- A10 Harmony Controller for centralized management and visibility for consistent operations and security across environments
In addition to the release of the high-performance containerized firewall CNF, A10 Networks also released new PNFs with its 7600 series models, delivering up to 385 Gbps throughput in a compact RU physical appliance.
About A10 Networks
A10 Networks (NYSE: ATEN) enables service providers, cloud providers and enterprises to ensure their 5G networks and multi-cloud applications are secure. With advanced analytics, machine learning and intelligent automation, business-critical applications are protected, reliable and always available. Founded in 2004, A10 Networks is based in San Jose, Calif. and serves customers in 117 countries worldwide.
For more information, visit www.a10networks.com.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Jan 1, 2020|
|Previous Article:||ORCHID LAUNCHES PRIVACY NETWORK.|
|Next Article:||TESTPROJECT AND SAUCE LABS COLLABORATE.|