Printer Friendly

A tree planting at St. John's Anglican Church.

Grand River Branch received a grant from the UELAC to identify Loyalist burial sites in cemeteries within its area with a sign Loyalist Burial Site. St. John's Anglican Woodhouse Cemetery on the outskirts of Simcoe, Ontario, was the first of three chosen by the Branch. On Loyalist Day, 19 June 2005, following a strawberry social, Doris Wilson, Honorary Vice President of the Grand River Branch, planted a Sweet Gum tree, requested by the church board, to replace the aged Carolinian trees in the cemetery. The tree can be traced back to these earliest Sweet Gums, whose seeds were brought to Port Dover in 1795.
COPYRIGHT 2005 United Empire Loyalists' Association
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2005 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Title Annotation:UELAC Projects
Publication:The Loyalist Gazette
Date:Sep 22, 2005
Previous Article:Col. John Butler Parkway.
Next Article:Regina Branch centennial Cairn.

Related Articles
Grand River.
How loyalist burial project evolved.
Grand River.
Sir John Johnson Centennial.
Grand river.
Windsor at the of the trail: the 2007 UELAC Conference and AGM.
Col. Edward Jessup.
Grand River.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2022 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters |