A review of articles from last month's archives of pathology & laboratory medicine. (Test Your Memory).
1. There is evidence that sclerosing hemangioma of the lung shows evidence of type II pneumocyte differentiation (Figure):
True or False? (from Expression of Thyroid Transcription Factor-1 and Other Markers in Sclerosing Hemangioma of the Lung--Illei et al)
2. The rarest type of schneiderian papilloma is:
a. septal b. inverted c. oncocytic d. hyperplastic (from Malignancies Arising in Oncocytic Schneiderian Papillomas: A Report of 2 Cases and Review of the Literature--Maitra et al)
3. Epithelioid variants of malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumors are not associated with von Recklinghausen disease.
True or False?
(from Expression of Protein Gene Product 9.5 in Epithelioid and Conventional Malignant Peripheral Nerve Sheath Tumors--Hoang et al)
4. In the best-performing hospitals, solitary blood culture rates are:
d. <15% (from Solitary Blood Cultures: A College of American Pathologists Q-Probes Study of 132778 Blood Culture Sets in 333 Small Hospitals--Novis et al)
5. Secretory carcinoma arising in axillary breast tissue is a rare event.
True or False?
(from Invasive Secretory (Juvenile) Carcinoma Arising in Ectopic Breast Tissue of the Axilla--Shin et al)
6. The most prevalent turnaround time (receipt to report) for nongynecologic cytology specimens according to a College of American Pathologists Q-Probes study is:
a. 1.6 days
b. 2.4 days
c. 3.2 days
d. 4.1 days (from Nongynecologic Cytology Turnaround Time: A College of American Pathologists Q-Probes Study of 180 Laboratories--Jones & Novis)
Answers to these questions will appear in the December 2001 issue.
(Answers to questions from October 2001 issue: 1, d. 2, True. 3, False. 4, a. 5, True. 6, e.)
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine|
|Date:||Nov 1, 2001|
|Previous Article:||GEWF solution. (Letter to the Editor).|
|Next Article:||Assessment of sweat-testing practices for the diagnosis of cystic fibrosis. (CAP Laboratory Improvement Programs).|