A comprehensive line-up puts SWIT ahead of the market.
SWIT Electrofnics has hit a sweet spot in the market. Already a well-known brand among international broadcasters for batteries, monitors and lights, the company is growing from strength to strength as innovation continues at a relentless pace at the SWIT R&D centre in China's Jiangsu Province, enabling an expanded product line-up year after year.
Indeed, its showcase at BroadcastAsia2017 is solid proof of its investment in innovation and business expansion, as Dustin Chen, SWIT's sales manager for Asia-Pacific, explained: "We are proud to have a comprehensive line-up of products at BroadcastAsia2017 --some 40 models of batteries, 20 models for lights and more than 10 monitor models.
"In addition, this yearwe introduced the Wireless HD Transmission, a solution that puts us ahead of the market in many ways."
Sales have increased rapidly in recent years, Chen reported, as SWIT has successfully won tenders and new clients in Singapore and Australia.
He elaborates: "Our business is growing steadily and we have an established network of distributors and dealers, so our participation in BroadcastAsia2017 was aimed at reinforcing brand and product awareness and trust with our customers."
The company is also firmly established internationally, and Chen is fully confident of its competitiveness against international competitors from Japan, Europe or the US.
At BroadcastAsia2017, SWIT's spotlight was on innovative solutions in batteries, monitors and the HD Wireless Transmission solution:
* High-load cine-camera Li-ion battery: The line of SWIT High Load batteries offers up to 180W/15A constant power output, and can easily drive high-power cine-camera, high-power lightings and other critical equipment. Battery life remains long despite the high output--this, according to SWIT, is a "huge advantage" over normal Li-ion batteries where the battery life is reduced quickly after a period of full power draw.
* IATA-compliant separable Li-ion battery: Large-capacity batteries are often needed for assignments but there are IATA (International Air Transport Association) regulations, which restrict the air transportation of more than lOOWh Li-ion battery packs. SWIT provides a solution in the form of a separable battery. The more than lOOWh battery can be divided into two parts and each part is under lOOWh capacity and will not be restricted for air transport--and on site, it is easy to assemble the two parts for use.
* S-1053F LCD monitor: The 5.5-inch full HD waveform LCD monitor features 5.5-inch optical bonding LCD at 1920x1080 resolution. It supports 2K/3G/HD/SD-SDI input and loop output, and allows HDMI inputs to be converted to SDI outputs.
* S-1073F LCD monitor: The S-1073F is a bigger unit, featuring a 7-inch non-glare LCD screen at 1920x1200 resolution. It supports 2K/3G/HD/SD-SDI input and loop output, and allows up to 16-channel embedded audio meters with alert.
* Wireless HD transmission: This wireless HD transmission system is built for efficiency and is suitable for a variety of uses: field production, director monitoring, drones and Steadicam. Its specifications include 3G/HD/SD-SDI and HDMI formats, up to 700m LOS and less than 1ms latency.