A Review of Articles From Last Month's Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine.
1. Melanotic tumors of the central nervous system include (Figure 1):
a. ependymomas b. medulloblastomas c. primitive pineal tumors d. a, b, and c e. none of the above
(from Pigmented Pleomorphic Xanthoastrocytoma--Sharma et al)
2. Human herpesvirus 8 can induce human immunodeficiency virus type 1 replication in vitro and in vivo.
True or False?
(from Induction of Human Immunodeficiency Virus 1 Replication by Human Herpesvirus 8--Mercader et al)
3. Paul Ehrlich, the father of immunology, had an eclectic career that included working as:
a. an organic chemist b. a hematologist c. a pharmacologist d. a, b, and c e. none of the above
(from Paul Ehrlich--Jay)
4. Cyclooxygenase 2 induction has been demonstrated in (Figure 2):
a. Helicobacter pylori gastritis b. Crohn disease c. ulcerative colitis d. a, b, and c e. none of the above
(from Evidence of an Inflammatory Pathology in "Normal" Appendices Following Emergency Appendectomy--Nemeth et al)
5. Ectopic thymus has been reported to transform to:
a. thymic carcinoma b. thymoma c. lymphoma d. a and b e. a, b, and c
(from Adult Ectopic Thymus Adjacent to Thyroid and Parathyroid--Wu et al)
6. Cobalamin deficiency can manifest as:
a. neuropathy b. microcytic anemia c. psychosis d. a and c e. a, b, and c
(from Methylmalonic Acid: A Test Whose Time Has Come?--Elin & Winter)
Answers to these questions will appear in the August 2001 issue.
(Answers to questions from June 2001 issue: 1, e; 2, e; 3, True; 4, True; 5, True; and 6, d.)
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine|
|Date:||Jul 1, 2001|
|Previous Article:||Infections in Heterophile-Negative Patients.|
|Next Article:||Physician Satisfaction and Emergency Department Laboratory Test Turnaround Time.|