A Review of Articles From Last Month's Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine.
1. Seminal secretions can be characterized as (Figure 1):
a. dense, platelike, inspissated
d. all of the above
(from Histologic and Histochemical Characterization of Seminal Vesicle Intraluminal Secretions--Shah et al)
2. Of all benign cellular changes and within normal limits categories in the Interlaboratory Comparison Program in Cervicovaginal Cytology, repair most often elicits a false-positive laboratory response. True or False?
(from Reparative Change and the False-Positive/False-Negative Papanicolaou Test--Colgan et al)
3. There is a possible relationship between estrogen and CD117 expression in benign endometrium. True or False?
(from Expression of c-Kit [CD117] in Benign and Malignant Human Endometrial Epithelium--Elmore et al)
4. Inflammatory amyloidosis is associated with (Figure 2):
b. multiple myeloma
c. familial Mediterranean fever
d. a and c
e. all of the above
(from The Changing Concepts of Amyloid--Picken)
5. The introduction of activated macrophages into healing wounds results in enhanced wound repair. True or False?
(from Role of Leukocytes and Endothelial Cells in the Development of Angiogenesis in Inflammation and Wound Healing--Lingen)
6. The abnormality noted in the conduction system of the heart in chronic alcoholics is a prolongation of the QT interval. True or False?
(from Fat Replacement of the Glycogen in the Liver as a Cause of Death--Chejfec)
Answers to these questions will appear in the March 2001 issue.
(Answers to questions from January 2001 issue: 1, d. 2, e. 3, 4, e. 5, True. 6, True.)
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine|
|Date:||Feb 1, 2001|
|Previous Article:||Double Adenoma of the Parathyroid Gland.|
|Next Article:||Sources of Variability: A College of American Pathologists Therapeutic Drug Monitoring Survey Study.|