9 things we learned about the new SAMSUNG Galaxy S9 and S9+ at Global Unpacked.
Here are 9 awesome things we learned about the Galaxy S9, S9+, and the reimagined camera at the Global Unpacked in Barcelona, Spain last February 25, streamed live in Manila on February 26 at the Grand Hyatt Manila:
1. The Super Slow-mo feature can capture up to 960 frames per second. Everyday moments become more dynamic when captured with the Galaxy S9 and S9+. The Galaxy S9's new Super Slow-mo feature captures what your eyes can't with video that is four times slower than traditional slow-motion videos. Users can customize their slow-mo videos with a wide selection of background music, as well as create looping GIF files that they can save or share to their friends in three different ways - video on loop, in reverse, or swing mode (e.g., Boomerang).
2. The Dual Aperture Cameras - like the human eye - allow you to adapt to either super low light to super bright light conditions. The Galaxy S9 and S9+ are equipped with a Super Speed Dual Pixel 12MP rear camera with autofocus (AF) sensor and optical image stability (OIS). The Galaxy S9+, however, takes it up a notch with an additional Telephoto 12MP rear camera with AF sensor. Both smartphones feature an 8MP AF front camera (F1.7), and their rear cameras possess Dual Aperture (F1.5/F2.4). In other words, grainy, washed-out photos will be a thing of the past with the Galaxy S9 and S9+.
3. The Galaxy S9 and S9+ capture your feelings flawlessly. Personalize your avatar and emojis to express yourself in the best way possible with Augmented Reality (AR) Emoji. The Galaxy S9 and S9+ can analyze your photo and map out over 100 facial features to create your very own 3D model that imitates a wide variety of expressions.
4. Bixby helps you understand the world and navigate through life. With AR technology integrated into the camera, Bixby can provide useful information about your current surroundings via real-time object detection and recognition. The intelligence platform can also help you translate foreign languages and currency with Live Translation.
5. The Super AMOLED Infinity Display is back, and it's brighter than ever. Last year, the Galaxy S8 and S8+ made waves with its bold, bright, and almost bezel-free Super AMOLED Infinity Display. The Galaxy S9 and S9+ bring back the trademark curved Quad HD screen -- 5.8 inches for S9 and 6.2 inches for S9+ -- with added adaptive contrast enhancement. Meaning, even direct sunlight will not hinder the screen from producing stunning displays.
6. The Galaxy S9 and S9+ are your very own mobile "theaters". The Galaxy S9 and S9+ sport stereo speakers tuned by AKG, known for providing pure sound experiences with minimal distortion. The phones also support Dolby Atmos, giving that 360-degree sound effect. These features, coupled with the Infinity Display, provide cinematic entertainment experiences on-the-go.
7. The Galaxy S9 and S9+ fit seamlessly within your connected lifestyle. The S9 and S9+ are the first flagship phones to carry the SmartThings App, allowing you to manage your Samsung appliances and devices at home anytime, anywhere. The Samsung DeX Pad allows you to connect the phones to a larger monitor, keyboard, and mouse. Through this docking system, you can also convert your S9 and S9+ into a Touch Keyboard and Touch Pad.
8. The Galaxy S9 and S9+ marry toughness with improved performance and heightened security. Samsung sets the gold standard for smartphones with its IP68 water and dust resistance and fast wireless charging capabilities. The Galaxy S9 and S9+ take it further with its 4GB RAM and 6GB RAM, respectively, and expandable memory of up to 400GB. The phones also offer three different biometric authentication options: Intelligent Scan combines the power of both iris scanning and facial recognition, while Dedicated Fingerprint allows you to use different prints for Secure Folders and the actual phone lock.
9. The Galaxy S9 and S9+ are the most fashionable Galaxy units to date. Available in Midnight Black, Coral Blue, and a new chic and stylish shade: Lilac Purple.
With a suggested retail price of PHP 45,990 and PHP 52,990, both at standard 64GB respectively, the Galaxy S9 and S9+ are set to launch in the Philippines on March 16, 2018. The Galaxy S9+ will also be available in 128GB at PHP 55,990 and 256GB at PHP 60,990.
Reimagine the way you see the world with the reimagined camera before everyone else and pre-order your own Galaxy S9 and S9+ from February 27 to March 6, 2018 and get one exclusive gift of your choice along with complimentary bundles and discount on Samsung wearables. Visit your nearest Samsung experience store or select Abenson's or SM Appliance stores nationwide. For more details, visit the Samsung Facebook page at facebook.com/samsungPH or log on to the Samsung website, samsung.com/ph .
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Feb 26, 2018|
|Previous Article:||Globe: Value Added Services (VAS) system refresh starts March 5.|
|Next Article:||Blue Eaglets, behind 7-foot Sotto, gun for 16-0 title sweep.|