9 places in the Gulf to spend last days of winter.
Ras Al Khaimah (Supplied)
Want to spend a vacation discovering the amazing archaeological sites of Ras Al Khaimah or lazing by the beaches of Oman as you enjoy soothing winter breeze? If you answer "yes" to both, then pack your bags, because it's time to visit some of the hidden gems in the Middle East before the onset of summer.
"During this wonderful time of year, GCC and Middle Eastern countries have a certain magnetic charm due to their mild temperatures. While European countries are still hounded by extreme cold, people staying or visiting the region can experience pleasant weather before the heat sets in around April", said Mamoun Hmedan, Managing Director for MENA and India, Wego.
"The region enjoys a rich and diverse history, picturesque natural treasures and countless escapes that await discovery. We often forget that the best next vacation might just be around the corner. So, don't waste your precious winter hours; go ahead and plan that dream escape today".
Here is a list of fantastic destinations to explore over long weekends in February untill end of March:
1. Ras Al Khaimah (UAE) - Journey into this popular emirate teeming with ancient archeological sites, golden deserts and towering mountains. Don't miss out on mineral-rich hot pools of Khatt Springs.
2. Sir Bani Yas Island (UAE) - UAE's own Arabian Wildlife Park delights with roaming giraffes, cheetahs, and gazelles-all on an island! Spend your holiday in a 4x4 nature and wildlife drive with expert wildlife guides by your side.
3. Yanbu and Jizan (Saudi Arabia) - Kick back and relax by the beaches of Yanbu and Jizan this February. The port cities are blessed with great diving sites with colorful coral reefs and if you are lucky, you may even spot an old shipwreck or two! End the day by camping under the stars in the desert.
4. Muscat & Sur beach (Oman) - Start with a scenic road trip along the stretch of the Muscat-Sur route, with a pit stop at Wahiba desert and Nizwa. Once you reach Sur beach, make sure you check out the amazing turtle reserve.
5. Kuwait City (Kuwait) - The country offers a truly authentic Arabian experience, from food and entertainment to hospitality at the annual Hala February festival. For the modern travellers, there is also a selection of excellent museums, a fine souq and several lively restaurants to choose from.
6. Siwa Oasis (Egypt) - Egypt is popular for its temples and pyramids, but not many know about the gorgeous Siwa Oasis, one of Egypt's most isolated settlements, largely untouched by tourists. Here is a chance for you to experience true Berber hospitality in the middle of the desert.
7. Manama (Bahrain) - Go to Bahrain for a luxurious stay at some of the world's finest hotels. Manama City also houses some tourist favorites such as forts, art cafes and distinctly arabesque traditional houses that are not to be missed.
8. Um Qais (Jordan) - Jordan, an underrated destination for trekking, has recently launched the Jordan Trail. This trekking route extends across the country and offers glorious view of Jordanian outdoors and culture.
9. Mirleft (Morocco) - Take a trip to one of the seaside villages south of Morocco-Mirleft is excellent-which offers wonderful view of the ocean, rugged hills and gentle, soothing climate.
Copyright [c] 2018 Khaleej Times. All Rights Reserved. Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. ( Syndigate.info ).
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Khaleej Times (Dubai, United Arab Emirates)|
|Date:||Feb 17, 2018|
|Previous Article:||UAE removes unregistered infants' food, cosmetic, slimming products from market.|
|Next Article:||Pakistani minor Zainab's murderer handed 4 counts of death sentence.|