50 plus Submit your events at dailyherald.com/share.
Senior Mixed Golf League: The Mount Prospect/Northwest Suburban Mixed Golf League is seeking players from the Northwest suburbs for the 2019 season. If you like to play golf an are ages 55 or older, come join this noncompetitive league. The nine-hole league will play Thursday, mornings, May 2 to Sept. 26, at Arlington Lake Golf Club. Season begins April 25 with an opening luncheon and ends with a closing luncheon, to be announced. The fee to join is $60, which covers the cost of both luncheons and weekly prizes. For information, contact Terri Giese at (847) 542-1836.
AARP Smart Driver Course: Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver Course. Learn defensive driving techniques, proven safety strategies, and new traffic laws/rules of the road. Upon completion, participants may be eligible for a discount on car insurance. $15 for AARP members/$20 for nonmembers. For more information and a schedule of other Smart Driver Course sessions, visit www.aarp.org/drive. Upcoming sessions include:
* 5-9 p.m. Monday, April 1, and Wednesday, April 3, Wheeling Township Center, 1616 N. Arlington Heights Road, Arlington Heights. To register, call (847) 259-7730
* Noon-4 p.m. Tuesday, April 9, and Wednesday, April 10, Prospect Heights Public Library, 12 Elm St., Prospect Heights. To register, call (847) 259-3500.
* 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Tuesday, April 9, and Friday, April 12, Alcott Center, 530 Bernard Drive, Buffalo Grove. To register, call (847) 850-2117
* 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Thursday, April 11, and Friday, April 12, Hanover Park Police Department, 2011 W. Lake St., Hanover Park. To register, call (630) 823-5524
* 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Thursday, April 11, and Friday, April 12, Good Shepherd Hospital, 450 W. Hwy. 22, Barrington. To register, call (847) 382-7277
* Noon-4 p.m. Saturday, April 13. and Saturday, April 20, Elk Grove Public Library, 1001 Wellington Ave., Elk Grove Village. To register, call (847) 725-2154.
Senior Celebration Day 2019: 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Thursday, March 28, Forest View Educational Center, 2121 S. Goebbert Road, Arlington Heights, enter at Door 1. 31st annual Senior Celebration Day featuring health screenings, giveaways, informative exhibitors and presentations, bingo, entertainment and more. An admission ticket is required for this free event. Free tickets will be available at your local senior centers, Elk Grove and Wheeling Township offices, park districts within district 214 boundaries, District 214 Community Education or on the day of the event at the door. For information, call (847) 718-7700.
Take Off Pounds Sensibly (TOPS): 9:45 a.m. Wednesdays, Palatine Township Senior Center, 505 S. Quentin Road, Palatine. Nonprofit weight-loss support group. Private weigh-ins. Weekly meetings cost less than $7 per month. Call (224) 210-5404. For information, visit www.Tops.org.
Memory Cafe: 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, March 20, Palatine Township Senior Center, 505 S. Quentin Road, Palatine. Palatine Township Senior Citizens Council offers new programming for those living with dementia and their caregivers. Join to learn more about this program, which is funded by a grant through AgeOptions. A memory cafe is a social gathering designed for people living with dementia or another form of cognitive impairment and their care partners to feel welcomed and engaged in their own community. A memory cafe is an opportunity for the person living with dementia and their caregiver to enjoy activities together and to enhance their normal routine without the burden of disability or disease. To register, call (847) 991-1112.
Senior Series -- Maple Syrup: 2-3 p.m. Wednesday, March 20, Ryerson Woods, 21950 N. Riverwoods Road, Riverwoods. Join in the annual maple syrup tradition at Ryerson Woods. Learn how sugar maple trees produce the sap that is collected and made into syrup each spring. Visitors will be outdoors during half of the program. Free to Lake County residents and $5 for nonresidents; registration is required. Meet at the Welcome Center and wear sturdy shoes or boots. Free. For details or to register, visit www.lcfpd.org/events/senior-series-maple-syrup20190320.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Daily Herald (Arlington Heights, IL)|
|Date:||Mar 20, 2019|
|Previous Article:||Poll workers needed for election April 2.|
|Next Article:||District 54 seeks community members for its committees.|