Printer Friendly

4 kidnapped Chinese rescued in Ondo, as ex-militants move against sea pirates.

Four Chinese nationals regained their freedom from the captives of their abductors, following a joint operation of the men of the military operatives in Okitipupa and the Naval base in Igbokoda, in Ondo state.

The four men who had been in the captive of the kidnappers for some weeks were abducted on their way to Lagos along Ogooluwayo community in the Ilaje local government area of the state.

They were however taken to the creeks along Ebute by some sea pirates where men of the Nigerian Army and Navy intercepted the sea pirates and discovered the abducted Chinese nationals.

Disclosing how the victims were rescued, the Assistant Director Army Public Relations, Major Ojo Adenegan, explained that the victims were rescued during a joint routine patrol on the waterways after intercepting the sea pirates.

According to him, there was a gun duel between the patrol team and the sea pirates saying some of the criminals escaped with gunshots while one of them was arrested by the team.

He, however, disclosed that the rescued Chinese nationals had sustained gunshot from their abductors before the security operatives discovered them where they were kept.

Adelegan said 'It took the gallantry effort of our men to rescued the four Chinese who have sustained gun wounds from the Kidnappers. The rescued victims have been taken to the hospital and are responding to treatment. '

He, however, commended the local hunters of the Ogooluwayo community led by Job Omogunwa, for their support in securing the freedom of the victims and arrest of one of the kidnappers.

He said 'It worthy to note that youths of Ogooluwa community led by Mr Job Omogunwa joined our men in the operation which is an evidence of good community relations between the Military and members in our area of responsibility.

'We are using this medium to urge the general public especially in the riverine areas of Ondo State to avail us with useful information on the fleeing kidnappers who escaped with gunshots. '

Meanwhile, ex-militants from the coastal area of the state, Ilaje Local government have condemned the robbery operation and firearms on the foreign contractors by the sea pirates.

This was contained in a Press statement issued by the ex-militant under the auspices of Concern Militant Generals, who expressed their readiness and desire to maintain peace in the area and called on the security operatives in the state to investigate the attack and kidnap of the foreign nationals.

''Four of the suspected armed robbers involved during the operation attack have already been arrested by the Navy, we wonder why they have not been interrogated in order to arrest their sponsor.

'We call on the governor of Ondo state, Mr. Rotimi Akeredolu, Commissioner of Police, Directorate of the SSS, Commanders of the Naval and the Army to call for full investigation of the robbery attack to make sure the detained suspects and the rest and their sponsors were prosecuted.

COPYRIGHT 2017 Asianet-Pakistan
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2017 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Nigerian Tribune (Oyo State, Nigeria)
Date:Dec 21, 2017
Words:546
Previous Article:UN votes 128-9 to void Trump's recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital + VIDEO.
Next Article:Kwara govt sets up task force to address fuel scarcity.
Topics:

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2019 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters